Hello all,

New to the forum, and new to tuning. I've got my Mpvi3 in hand and am finally ready to start my journey. I would like to get a little confirmation on my process before I connect anything to the car.

Vehicle and backstory:
2016 mustang GT convertable - purchased used private party.
Relevent modifications - LTH, ported 18+ mani, roush valved exhaust, imrc lockout, jlt CAI, PBD remote tuned via sct BDX.

At the time of purchase it was noted that the a/f gauge was locked in at 14.0. I have since troubleshot this and have working wide bands. Free hanging imrc connector was pinched, shorting that circuit and blowing fuse 40. I have suspicions that the PBD remote tune was done with no wideband or cam phasers.

Reasoning for pursuing HP tuners:
The car does not run well after reenabling the wide bands. Eq oscillates with a ~10 second period at idle. Displayed a/f swings from 13.1 - 14.8.

The car is currently loaded with the palm beach dyno remote tune. It does run and drive with this tune. This will be my fall back in case of emergency.

I have the SCT BDX (branded Bama tune...) device. I plan to return the pcm to stock before uploading any tunes via mpvi3. That being said, I would like to read the tune that is on the car as it is. This tune data is of limited value, so I am happy to avoid this step if there is any risk involved.

My planned process:
1. Connect mpvi3 and read loaded tune: save as PBD as found
2. Connect SCT BDX device and program pcm with the stock tune that is on device.
3. Connect mpvi3 and read newly loaded stock tune: save as Stock as found
4. Open 2016 mustang GT stock tune from tune repo as compare. Sanity check stock tune that was loaded by SCT device.
5. Make changes to accommodate 18+ mani and LTH. Program pcm via mpvi3/hp tuners and begin tuning process.

Please let me know if there is anything in my process that is putting me at risk of pcm bricking, or undue credit consumption.

Thank you advance!