Thread: L86 Yukon XL Denali Stumbles and Dies when Cranking to Start

Tuner in Training

2016 Yukon XL Denali Cranks, Starts then Stalls

So I've had it happen three times consecutively today and seems to be getting worse each time.
    I crank and when it fires and then comes to idle it's falling flat and dying. This last time, it took three times to get it to finally idle and run.

I've attached a log if anyone wants to have a look and see if something sticks out. I've been suspecting my injectors are failing or possibly one of the fuel pumps (Hi or Low side). Once running there's no issues idling or while driving that I'm noticing.

Everything is stock other than aftermarket intake and cat-back exhaust. Truck has 102k on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WingsAA; 1 Week Ago at 03:04 PM. Reason: Changed Title

Tuner in Training
    Well, hang tight. I may have gotten a bad MAP sensor. I had replaced it a day ago and I think the replacement wasn't a genuine part. It seems to be what was causing the issue... at least from the testing thus far.

98 kPa key on, idling at ~40 kPa? What do you see that makes you suspect it's bad? Not slyly trying to say it's not, I just didn't see anything in the log that stood out.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not seeing anything either, other than I cleaned the original MAP sensor and put it back in and it starts fine again.

Also, I noticed two codes set for P2227 and P2228 but never tripped a CEL. Now that the old cleaned sensor is reinstalled, the codes are gone (other than history) as well.
    Last edited by WingsAA; 1 Week Ago at 11:21 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, one last update to close this thread out.

It looks like it was the "new" MAP sensor that was supposed to be OEM AC Delco. I cleaned the original MAP and reinstalled and everything has been fine thus far... normal across the board.

I guess the lesson is to not trust Amazon for genuine parts.