Thread: 2016 Mustang GT Manual stock tune

Potential Tuner

Question 2016 Mustang GT Manual stock tune

Hello,

I got my 2016 GT tuned by Lund at a shop, unfortunately the car has been having a 'Service AdvanceTrac" error, occasionally always with hill start assist, traction control, adaptive cruise control systems will be unavailable for a short time, usually coming back after a certain distance. Sometimes the power steering will not be available, but if I turn it off and back on it will come back. Everything that everyone online has said is that it is likely a wheel sensor issue, possibly related to the thrust washer. I took it to a Ford dealer, and they said because the tune has locked the PCM, they couldn't scan it; I told them they could flash the car, but they said they were not able to.

I have the RTD+ device used to tune the vehicle, VCM suite and have found these two stock tunes on the tune repository; 1512954111 is from a 2016 Mustang GT PP and 1426731396 from a 2015 GT PP. I am just wondering if there is any way to make sure that either of these tunes unlock the PCM so that Ford can perform a actual scan? Or would I need to do something else to make sure the car scannable?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Write-entire your original tune back to the car. Open the Lund tune. Set P0604 to No Error Reported. Write-entire the modified Lund tune.

Don't write-entire one of those repo tunes thinking it'll get you back to stock!
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 06:46 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Write-entire your original tune back to the car. Open the Lund tune. Set P0604 to No Error Reported. Write-entire the modified Lund tune.

Don't write-entire one of those repo tunes thinking it'll get you back to stock!
    I dont have the stock tune, it was done by a shop and they don't have it any more.

I assume I will need to buy a MPVI3 to open the Lund tune?

Potential Tuner
    Dude, you are in a messy spot. Lund locks their tunes and delivers them throught the Remote Tune Delivery network (RTD). You will notice that your lund tune has a .rtd extension. That is locked and you cannot open it. Even with an MPVI3. If the shop that did the tune does not have your stock read file you are kinda screwed. Ford can do an entire ECU rewrite (I've done it twice, once leaving Bama, and once leaving Lund) it cost me like $250 each time. Only problem is once they do this, and they are then able to fix the issues with your car, you will not be able to reload the Lund tune back onto your car as it will now have a completely different stock strategy code. That Lund tune is married to your ECUs current strategy code. Once that is broken, it can't be undone. But that's really your only option if you want ford fixing your car. Then you will have to purchase another tune and tuner from your choice of tuning companies. And this time save your stock read file before writing another tune. This way ford can work on your car in the future without issue. You would just throw the stock tune back on and then rewrite the custom tune back on after work is done.