Thread: 2016 Mustang GT Manual stock tune

Potential Tuner

Question 2016 Mustang GT Manual stock tune

Hello,

I got my 2016 GT tuned by Lund at a shop, unfortunately the car has been having a 'Service AdvanceTrac" error, occasionally always with hill start assist, traction control, adaptive cruise control systems will be unavailable for a short time, usually coming back after a certain distance. Sometimes the power steering will not be available, but if I turn it off and back on it will come back. Everything that everyone online has said is that it is likely a wheel sensor issue, possibly related to the thrust washer. I took it to a Ford dealer, and they said because the tune has locked the PCM, they couldn't scan it; I told them they could flash the car, but they said they were not able to.

I have the RTD+ device used to tune the vehicle, VCM suite and have found these two stock tunes on the tune repository; 1512954111 is from a 2016 Mustang GT PP and 1426731396 from a 2015 GT PP. I am just wondering if there is any way to make sure that either of these tunes unlock the PCM so that Ford can perform a actual scan? Or would I need to do something else to make sure the car scannable?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Write-entire your original tune back to the car. Open the Lund tune. Set P0604 to No Error Reported. Write-entire the modified Lund tune.

Don't write-entire one of those repo tunes thinking it'll get you back to stock!
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 06:46 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Write-entire your original tune back to the car. Open the Lund tune. Set P0604 to No Error Reported. Write-entire the modified Lund tune.

Don't write-entire one of those repo tunes thinking it'll get you back to stock!
    I dont have the stock tune, it was done by a shop and they don't have it any more.

I assume I will need to buy a MPVI3 to open the Lund tune?