Thread: T-Bar Map on P59

Tuner in Training

T-Bar Map on P59

Got a cluster of different things going on with a "swap". Guy had a company make a harness and do the base tune on his PCM. There is an LSA blower on top. The original pcm is from a van, the setup is cable TB, they flashed an 04 Cadillac ESV file to this PCM and left it as DBW (SMDH) and they did a custom 3Bar OS and used a Tbar map sensor. No linear offset or scale sets the Tbar to 99kpa, or anything over 23 kpa for that matter. When it idles for a split second the KPA never moves. The IAT sensor reads 162 degrees not matter what, but does default to -38 when unplugged. They also sent him a new file stating the issue was that they shipped the engine with a 2 bar map...the new file was the wrong vin, he bought another credit, and nearly bricked his pcm. Anyway I guess my question is, can the P59 even support a T-bar map? There is only one sensor output signal from it. I am not sure how that can be split into two distinct signals but maybe thats the magic of it, IDK

Just get a proper LSA 3-pin non-T sensor.

But hang on, how can it be a TMAP if there is only a single sensor output pin? These do not do any kind of weird multiplexing, they output analog voltage.

Odd that you wouldn't mention this thing's part number.