Thread: Looking for L29 Tuner that uses HP

Tuner in Training

Looking for L29 Tuner that uses HP

Hey all - I have a built up L29 that is running well (not great) and I am finally into the build where I need to do some rounds of tunes.

It's in a 1999 K2500 Crew Cab. Heads, Cam, Adjustable valve train are all installed. Running stock intake and EFI system.

Can anyone recommend a good tuner for that platform that is on HP Tuner?

FYI the truck is currently getting 6 (!!!!!) MPG. Odd idle.

I've attached three scans from the other day.

Thanks!!

Philipbig blue 4.17.24 #2.hplbig blue 4.17.24 #3.hplbig blue scan 4.17.24 #1.hpl

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2000 K3500 crew cab long box with a stock 5.7, and it gets 6-8mpg city, 10-12mpg highway. 7000lb truck just takes a bit of power to get going, and it takes gas to make power!

You're not going to make much more power with the stock intake and EFI. Need to find one of the old intakes you could put electric injectors in, as the poppets weren't real great.

Depending on the heads and cam, I wouldn't expect much out of it fuel mileage wise. I'd expect that it could make more power, but not without more injector, fuel pump, and some decent exhaust.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info! Yeah I always see mileage numbers on other forums and it makes me scratch my head.

The heads took the CR down to like 8.25, but the plan is to eventually stroke it and make some of that back up. I?m sure that is affecting mileage. Truck also has 4.10s.

Currently the truck has Gibson shorty headers and a custom 3? 304 exhaust all the way back.

If the mileage is a lost cause then I feel like I should be making more power. Depending on open/closed loop the truck drives remarkable different.

Blackbear Tuning only uses efi live. Is there anyone else out there who knows these engines well that also uses hp?