Thread: Fuel Rail Pressure

Tuner in Training

Fuel Rail Pressure

Want to clarify the fuel rail min and max pressure in KPA. In my line of work 58 PSI would be almost 500 KPA but it seems like HP tuners calls it 400 KPA. It almost seems like if I were making 58 PSI of boost it would be basically 500 KPA in HP tuners while the same fuel pressure would be only 400. What am I missing in my thinking?

Tuner in Training
    Never mind, The name of the MAP "manifold absolute pressure" somehow exited my brain. Long day already.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging2855 View Post
    Want to clarify the fuel rail min and max pressure in KPA. In my line of work 58 PSI would be almost 500 KPA but it seems like HP tuners calls it 400 KPA. It almost seems like if I were making 58 PSI of boost it would be basically 500 KPA in HP tuners while the same fuel pressure would be only 400. What am I missing in my thinking?
    What is your line of work exactly? Do you work with PSIG or PSIA? I believe that is the difference. Gen4 fuel systems are 58 PSIG (400 kPa).
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Tuner in Training
    I was working on a gerotor suction/lift pump design for a fluid exchange machine at work this morning, and then was messing with my tune at lunch break and somehow went completely brain dead.

Pressure Delta between 58 PSIG (400 kPa gauge) in the rail and 14.7 PSIA (100 kPa absolute) is 400 kPa. The Delta isn't either absolute or gauge, it's just a differential pressure.