Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 97 Suburban k2500 454 0411 swap

Tuner in Training
    ok, I have taken the test and have my Tuner unlocked, If you dont mind, which ones do I need to make sure are on to allow the system to see what I have. This is a stock 97 suburban.

1997 Suburban AIR.png 1997 Suburban EGR.png

2002 Express.png

These look... similar. But different enough to maybe make a difference. The EGR valves look identical but are different part numbers, I don't know what is different between them. The '07 EGR had fused power, the '02 gets power from the PCM, but I don't know if that is just a simple switched +12v supply or if it is a push-pull, reverse polarity thing. You could find out by measuring voltage on EGR pin 'E' - though I also wouldn't know if that would be hot whenever key is on, or only on at certain other times. The AIR system, the Suburban has a clutch? Or something? I don't know man, it's not my truck, telling you exactly what goes where and what settings will make these systems work together step-by-step is beyond me. I or anybody who could do that would have to have the truck in front of them to investigate things. Right now, that person is you, not me.

Tuner in Training

Retune & Log

Well I made a few changes to more reflect the 2002 van file to start with. I believe that I now have the correct O2 setting and have disabled the air pump. Seems to run a little bit better with this tune. Does seem to crank a little harder. Anymore ideas of what I can change before I get the different injectors?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I just now seen your last post, and I completely understand. I am making a few more minor changes and then next time I have a Firday off I am going to take it to the machine shop near me. They say they have a tuner at the shop that would be more then happy to help me out.

Tuner in Training
    Well I went to the yard and found some injectors from a l96 out of a 2002 chevrolet silverado 2500HD. I was also able to gather all of the electrical connectors. So no I believe that I only need the top hat adapters. The injectors that I have look ever so slightly different then the link you sent me. Seems like mine has more tabs on it. But I know for sure what these came out of, and they were the stock original injectors. Then I believe that I found a tuner near me with a dyno. So I think that's my next steps...

An L96 with 12613412 injectors did not exist in 2002. Did you mean 2012?

If there isn't '12613412' printed on the side of the injectors, then they are not 12613412's and 12613412 data will not match them.