Thread: can anyone review my tune from a local shop? is it aggressive or no?

Potential Tuner

can anyone review my tune from a local shop? is it aggressive or no?

I was wondering if anyone can take a quick look at my tune from a local shop? I have no complaints on how the car runs or the power it makes but I'm just curious on how aggressive the overall tune is, specifically the timing and if there's any room for improvement or power.
    Here is my mod list:

2016 Z06 M7, 2.9 Whipple 3.5" upper, 18% lower (9.5") 17600rpm blower speed, Vengeance stg 3 cam, NW 103 TB, Cordes 5" CAI, 2" LT headers with no cats, Alky Control meth injection with two 15gph nozzles, flex fuel running at a max of E50 fuel, Aux low side fuel pump, stock injectors and HPFP. The car put down 811 on a Mustang dyno but I'm going to rerun it on dynojet but before I go I want to see if there's any room for maybe more timing/power. What do you guys think?

current C7 Z06 Tune 7-30.hpt

Tuning Addict
    You need a log, but just looking at the cal I think it's good you have a manual considering the things that were adjusted incorrectly and what wasn't dialed in at all. Otherwise you could probably adjust your lower end ethanol timing, but peak may already be too high. Just copy and paste add it to your 93 table to see what it's going to do to it.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Got your PM.

This is what I'm referring to for the ethanol timing. A trick for dialing in ethanol timing is to "copy with axis" the ethanol timing table then "paste special add" to the 93 octane timing table. In your case this is how yours turns out ----

ethanol timing added.jpg

As you can see your timing dips down in the mid airmass areas and then jumps up quite a bit. You can now smooth it out and shape it using the 93 octane table. After doing this open your current tune file as a compare file then look at the "show difference" table. Copy this table with axis and paste it back into your ethanol table. Now all of your timing transitions will remain smooth.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for taking a look at it and the advice. Looking at the tables under Base Corrections “gas” and “alcohol” (numbers 12634 and 12635) those are zeroed out so I’m obviously looking at the wrong ones. I do see the table under MBT “alcohol adder”…is this the correct one?
    Also, anything else that seems significantly wrong that you noticed?

Tuning Addict
    You might just want to find and compare it to a stock file. VE and torque models are the only other ones I glanced at. Stock comparison will show you what was changed and you can look at it to see if it's right. I normally 0 out the mbt alcohol table, but I don't know if that's correct to do.

This is the alcohol table.

Flex table.jpg

AND again, posting a log with wideband, torque, trims, airmass, rpm, inj pulse widths, alcohol percent and timing at the min would be better to see the state of the tune.

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Do you know where I could find a config file that has most of the necessary stuff that’s needed for logging when on the dyno? Or just use what you have listed above? I’m only going to make a few runs so I definitely want to log some info while I’m there.

Tuning Addict
    This is a channel config you can use since it's boosted. If you need to add anything, you can.

To load - download - right click - show in folder - copy - open scanner - open recent channel config - open config - paste here and click on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    thank you so much, im gonna use this and log a few runs

what table am i looking for when trying to see ign timing advance? Base/high/low octane? if this is correct do those numbers seem about right or normal for my set-up....or are they too high or low?

Tuning Addict
    Best to check on the dyno. Make sure to use a load bearing dyno with simulated road profiles if at all possible.