Thread: '20 Explorer Tune

Potential Tuner

'20 Explorer Tune

Hi all. I'm building a tune for my 2020 Explorer ST, using knowledge that I got from reading these forums. I've attached my as read file and the tune that I built and log from that tune (I realized that I didn't have the all proper channels loaded for this vehicle), and was wondering if someone could take peak to see how it looks and let me know where I can make further improvements. Vehicle is completely stock otherwise for now, hoping to change that in the near future. Just want to learn how I can tune it as I go. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Don't have much time here, but you'll want to log a lot more things. OAR (Octane Adjust Ratio) is very important for making sure your car is fully optimizing your tune. You also usually want to do a roll as well for most datalogs and keep going to make sure it stays consistent with time. Intake temperature, Charge air temperature, injector pulsewidth, fuel rail duty cycle, both fuel pump duty cycles will be a start. Torque source is also very important as it will tell you what your car is maxing out on. So say you floor it and you see a torque source of 18, the car is being limited by the engine indicated torque limit, so that value would need to be raised. I mainly use SCT, and have only tuned 3.0's that way, but can screenshot some important tables from a fully tuned stock car as well. If you're really lost, when I get time on a Sunday I can compile something together for you.