Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gen iv 5.3 in a 2007 silverado 4x4

Tuner in Training

gen iv 5.3 in a 2007 silverado 4x4

so i need some help , everything in this engine bay is brand new , from sensors to the block , however its also mostly stock besides some deletes ,
    evap is gone ,
    pcv is gone ,
    fuel pump control module is gone and im running a return style with a regulator set to 45 psi
    , she runs and drives great but i feel like there should be a more responsive power and in the tune ive only done the most simple basic shit , such as the deletes and im hoping for some advice for messing with the other parameters that maybe help with the performance . ill post my tune with this , i appreciate it yall !!!!
    shorty headers no cats .
    stock truck injectors

TO FRANKLYN GROVE.hpl
    THE VERY CURRENT ONE-NEW EDIT.hpt
    Last edited by bostainian; 1 Week Ago at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot to mention my fuel system

Nobody can help without posting a log. A complete list of mods would help too, seeming as your tune is labeled like you have a return style system but you didn't mention that anywhere

Tuner in Training
    sorry about that , i think i uploaded a log just now from last night . and i added some more details about the fuel system setup . still trying to figure all of this out

Advanced Tuner
    I have to ask why delete the PCV and EVAP? Figure out your injector part number and reference Blindsquirrels spreadsheet. I think his is for 58PSI, but the fuel rate should be same across the table if it is a manifold referenced regulator.

Does it have a new thermostat? 10 minutes of driving to reach temp seems like a long time.

You can lower the PE delays and lean it out some, but you should have a wideband if your going to tweak on PE EQ stuff. Stock shouldnt need a whole lot of fueling changed but you can always tighten up MAF with fuel trims,

Tuner in Training
    pcv and evap was deleted because they needed to be replaced and i took the fast route . also i found my injector part number ,1258681 , i looked at blindsquiel's spreadsheat and it states its set at 58 psi
    but when i went from returnless to return style i assumed to keep the fuel pressure at 43 psi like it was with the fuel pump control module however it did make me curious considering most Ls applications run at 58 psi . and i wasnt sure if i could throw 58psi thru these injectors with out damaging them . so should i set the regulator to 58 psi? and im confused on how to adjust the tune from going from returnless to return .
    i also put a new thermostat on when i dropped the motor in about 6 months ago , weirds me out too , but the way my front end is set up i get excessive air flow through out my entire engine bay so it might be that

You won't hurt the injectors at 58 psi. Adjust your regulator to 58psi and copy/paste the 400kpa value in your injector flow rate vs press table to the whole thing to set yourself up for a return style system.

You need to log a few more pids for your logs to be useful too.

Add: Volumetric Efficiency Airflow
    Cylinder Airmass
    Knock Retard
    Injector Pulsewidth
    Mass Airflow Frequency

Tuner in Training
    ok just got off of work , going to do all that right now and then ill have a updated log file here in about an hour , ! i greatly appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    ok just got off of work , going to do all that right now and then ill have a updated log file here in about an hour , ! i greatly appreciate it
    THE VERY CURRENT ONE-NEW EDIT.hptfrom dixon to ashton - updated tune - 58 psi.hpl

Looks like your MAF and VVE will need some work. Your also getting knock everywhere so you may want to make sure there's nothing causing false knock reading like your exhaust hitting the frame or something. Good news is your fuel pressure and injector data seem good now.

Adjust your fueling accordingly and disable burst knock. Then go for another log and post it

Tuner in Training
    ill log a run tomorrow first thing after work , and question could the knock readings be from solid motor mounts ? exhaust and all other components are tight . and yea the fuel feels better after the last change but what else could i do to it ? but going to figure out how to disable the burst knock right now

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bostainian View Post
    and yea the fuel feels better after the last change but what else could i do to it ?
    If you tried and are using the cal. I posted in your other thread, then i am sure it needs more MAF & VVE work. You'd be surprised how much better it feels when the airflow models are dialed in a bit more. Keep at the MAF & VVE tuning and it will come around...

Tuner in Training
    im going to sound like an idiot but how do i start with that ? lmao im still getting the hang of this tuning stuff

Tuner in Training
    also i zeroed everything out in the burst knock category and iim loading the tune right now and ill also grab a log tonight

Advanced Tuner
    Add Dynamic Air to your channels to start with, then get a normal driving log probably around 25mins if possible. From there its Copy/Paste % half.

Tuner in Training
    burst knock disabled 4-25-24.hpl

thats the log from tonight with burst knock zeroed out

i dont think anything changed
    Last edited by bostainian; 1 Week Ago at 09:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't normally like making changes on small logs like that as it doesn't give the trims time to learn. It's possible there may be some overshoot on this one but it's a MAF VVE tweak. ADD DYNAMIC AIRFLOW TO YOUR CHANNELS then grab a log.

THE VERY CURRENT ONE-NEW EDIT-2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    ok added that to my channels , ill have another log tomorrow night , 50 miles to work and back to let things adjust and then ill grab a 20 minute log after words of some normal driving

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome; If you are driving 50 miles to work, flash that in and log it. That would be a great log to use.

Tuner in Training
    dixon to ashton 4-26 kr.hpl still getting false knock randomly , i have no idea