Thread: 2009 Escalade E38 ECM Programming Problems

Potential Tuner

2009 Escalade E38 ECM Programming Problems

About 8 months ago I reprogrammed a 2008 E38 ECM to work in a 2009 Escalade with GM SPS. At the time I didn't know I would essentially brick the 2008 ECM for future programming, but never the less it works perfectly and even just passed California SMOG. Fast forward to this week when I ended up purchasing that vehicle and am attempting to program a proper 2009 ECM to work in the vehicle and tune with my MVCI2. I again used GM SPS to perform a replace and reprogram of two used 2009 E38 ECMs, service number 12625455, and part number 12630500. I can successfully program them through SPS, and learn the key through the normal 30 minute process. I can then successfully train the crank fluctuation. The problem I am experiencing is on the stock OS and Cal the vehicle operates poorly. Startup of the engine doesn't have the usual forceful sound and RPM surge. Also, the tip-in acceleration while the vehicle is moving feels like the first 15% of the accelerator pedal depression isn't there. Tip-in acceleration from a stop is fairly normal. I had to go back to the 2008 ECM I programmed last August to make it driveable for now.

Has anyone else experienced symptoms similar to this?

Potential Tuner
    I installed a brand new 12625455 ECM direct from GM today with a fresh programming session in SPS and the same issues persists. I used an original key so I didn't need to do the 30 minute relearn, startup is normal, but it still feels like the accelerator pedal is an on/off switch if the vehicle has forward movement at all. Accelerator pedal sensors and TPS sensors track and correlate in the live data, and appear to be correct.

I'm at a loss. I have an ECM I can license and write to. The current cal is stock. Any changes in HP Tuners that could possibly help?