Thread: Low torque

Advanced Tuner

Low torque

Dynod my car todays and It made decent HP but was very low for torque, any ideas? Graph & tune attached....

Well, you're about a ratio rich according to the dyno. 12.0 AFR is great for blowers/turbos but sucks for NA cars.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I think they call that " on the vurge of washing the cylinders" no?

The motor is bogging due to the extra fuel, then can kinda start to get caught up in the upper rpm where you see the decent hp. Leaner out!
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Yea your commanding 11.68, that is really rich. That is what I had for a nitrous tune. I would imagine that you would have little more left in that.
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

well...it looks to me from the curve that it is most likely a fueling issue...
    you need a wideband to figure this out..
    should have made a pull with the dyno wideband for a sanity check
    -Scott -

command a leaner AFR 12.8 or so, and put some timing in the tune around peak torque. You should be able to take about 3-5ยบ in some spots
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by colamotas
    Yea your commanding 11.68, that is really rich. That is what I had for a nitrous tune. I would imagine that you would have little more left in that.
    The car is gofing to be ruinning a pretty healthy shot, I was just expecting more out of it N/A (440 or so).

now here is the really weird thing. I had my fuel trims all in line just like WS6 told me (very close to 0 on LTFT) then I took it to the track and it maxed them out WTF?

Advanced Tuner
    here is a log from the drive to the dyno shop and then a log from the track with the EXACT same tune

no wideband..no accuracy..

your Stock O2's are unreliable and inaccurate with any mods at all...
    if you used narrow band O2's to do WOT then theres no telling what you have going on...
    anything outside of the stock heat range(and that means ANY MODS AT ALL...including just a lid) will skew the readings yor narrowband O2's get...
    the whole reason theres not just one generic O2 you can buy is because they are built and calibrated to operate at your vehicles stock heat range as it came off teh showroom floor....anything diferent makes them pretty much useless..

also if you re seeing trimmng different from day today then its possible(and most likely) that you have only a partial tune...many more tables than just VE and MAF and Spark
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    no wideband..no accuracy..

your Stock O2's are unreliable and inaccurate with any mods at all...
    if you used narrow band O2's to do WOT then theres no telling what you have going on...
    anything outside of the stock heat range(and that means ANY MODS AT ALL...including just a lid) will skew the readings yor narrowband O2's get...
    the whole reason theres not just one generic O2 you can buy is because they are built and calibrated to operate at your vehicles stock heat range as it came off teh showroom floor....anything diferent makes them pretty much useless..

also if you re seeing trimmng different from day today then its possible(and most likely) that you have only a partial tune...many more tables than just VE and MAF and Spark
    I guess I dont understand something there....

Your IFR table is too high, setting it right will lower the LTFT's by ~15%. The LTFT map & rpm boundary table is still stock. Your commanded afr is 11.74, that is very rich. Is your maf plugged in?

Russ Kemp

yea I am running 42s and your IFR table is off from mine.
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Your IFR table is too high, setting it right will lower the LTFT's by ~15%. The LTFT map & rpm boundary table is still stock. Your commanded afr is 11.74, that is very rich. Is your maf plugged in?

Russ Kemp
    IFR is too high? I used a spread sheet posted back in this thread to set it up
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8334
    Could you post the correct IFR table for me?
    MAF is plugged in the thing I dont understand is under the same conditions the car ran great in the morning then at night like a dog (near same temps out).

I know it is commanding rich and I will back that off with the next tune that goes in,

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by colamotas
    yea I am running 42s and your IFR table is off from mine.
    can you post urs?

This is how I had to set the IFR for the 42# injectors in a 2001 Firehawk. You may have to rescale the Maf table after, because your Maf table is higher than stock.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    This is how I had to set the IFR for the 42# injectors in a 2001 Firehawk. You may have to rescale the Maf table after, because your Maf table is higher than stock.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks Russ...
    I guess I was confused since the SVO's are rated at 43.5 and our cars run the higher pressure