Thread: dakota digital speed sensor caliibration

Tuner in Training

dakota digital speed sensor caliibration

I got a 1979 cutlass ls swap 5.3, I have a th350 trans with the Dakota digital sending until electrical speedometer and I've researched the hp tuner site and YouTube on how to calibrate my speedo. I got far as to putting in my numbers in the tire wizard on hp tuners and changed my speedo ratios. Now when I come to a stop, I have like a hunting idle. Any help would truly be appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    A current version of your tune and a log of the problem is pretty much required every time. But making a new thread for every problem isn't. It would save you time explaining things to just add to your existing thread.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    A current version of your tune and a log of the problem is pretty much required every time. But making a new thread for every problem isn't. It would save you time explaining things to just add to your existing thread.
    Ok, I didn't know, thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    a current version of your tune and a log of the problem is pretty much required every time. But making a new thread for every problem isn't. It would save you time explaining things to just add to your existing thread.
    79 cutlass (My Tune) vss calibration.hpt
    drive after VSS calibration.hpl

Senior Tuner
    It doesn't matter if the speedo is accurate in the scanner/ECM unless you are using that to drive a speedometer.

Often the sending units for older trans/cable speedo VSS things.. they aren't the factory 40 pulse per rev. Check your install instructions for the sender. There is a spot in the tune for VSS pulse per rev.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It doesn't matter if the speedo is accurate in the scanner/ECM unless you are using that to drive a speedometer.

Often the sending units for older trans/cable speedo VSS things.. they aren't the factory 40 pulse per rev. Check your install instructions for the sender. There is a spot in the tune for VSS pulse per rev.
    thanks for the information