Thread: 2021 F150 dead throttle after whipple removal

2021 F150 dead throttle after whipple removal

Have a weird issue we can't seem to find a cure. Its a 2021 F150 5.0, we removed the whipple and used the whipple trackhawk tuner to flash back to stock. Truck idles fine fuel trims look fine. Throttle response is good in park and neutral. Put it in drive and the throttle pedal is dead. Throttle body doesn't really move. Park and neutral will open 100% no problem. Second there is load it's dead. No codes except for the grill shutters out front but they've been deleted for a long time. Cant find anything unplugged and don't see anything wrong. I had a guy come out and flash it with updated software with a FDRS and still same thing. No throttle response in gear. The new strat doesn't leave me a lot to log now with HPT, but here is what i can look at.F150 dead pedal.hpl

I caused a power steering code in my mustang by turning the key on with the power steering electrical plug disconnected. The code would not show up with VCM scanner. I had to use forscan to clear the codes in the module and my power steering worked again. It would be worth a try.

Looks like a trans issue to me. Whipple roush and some tuners that lock the files might alter eeprom part which HPT is not allowing to edit.
    We had nightmares where we loaded tune back to stock like 20x times before we found a correct one - wired things like no AC, no steering, airbag lights or idle at 1200 rpm...

Id say this should not be allowed as puts the car at risk of being bricked and I would personally never allow it to happen in my car.

New PCM/TCM flashed factory FDRS and still same issue. No codes, nothing noticeable on the datalog. But the second its in gear the throttle is dead.