Thread: Requesting Assistance - 10R140 and PCM/TCM

Potential Tuner

Requesting Assistance - 10R140 and PCM/TCM

Hello, I am somewhat versed in ECU editing and modifying code to change simple things.

I have a idea that I admit is beyond my scope and this place seemed like a good place to inquire or find someone that could do the work for me (paid obviously).

I have a Ford 6.0 and I want to put a newer 10R140 transmission behind it. There is no open controllers or factory options for a way to control this trans.

Ford does sell a "7.3L ENGINE CONTROL PACK FOR 10R140 AUTO TRANS"

My thinking is could you take that ECU/TCM and just feed the TCM side of it the signals from my current ECM ? What would need to happen to the code for this to work, what would the signals need to look like. Is this even feasible?

Let me know what the group things, I did find this ford document.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...017-73A_V5.PDF

Well the so called TRANS CAN that is fed between PCM and TCM is a special kind of can. You need a specific PCM that is able to talk TRANS CAN.

We were able to run 7.3 on 10r80 5.0 PCM so Im positive 6.0 would runs as well. Just need some tinkering.

Potential Tuner
    I am assuming that this would be an internal connection between the two controllers inside the PCM itself?