I just finished the install of a Gen 5 3.0L Whipple on the Wife's 2023 Durango R/T. The vehicle only has 13k miles on it. Startup and idle is great, very smooth and just like stock. 0 - 20% throttle input seems ok, although a bit laggy which I understand is to be expected considering how Whipple sets the tune up. I've read in this forum how there are better approaches for a snappier throttle (TB airflow table adjustments?) and will most likely go to an experienced tuner for that sometime in the next month or two.

The bigger concern right now is anytime I get around 50% throttle, it starts to surge. I sent a message off to Whipple and they requested a log, so I sent it to them today and am awaiting their response.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if it's possibly an install issue? I did the install myself, and have a lot of automotive experience as a hobbyist, but I don't have any experience with superchargers ... so I'm not sure if maybe I have a vacuum leak causing this? Although I would expect that to also cause a start up and idle problem if so.

I also notice my IATs are reading in the 130 - 140 range when the ambient is only 82*F outside. I realize the IAT in VCE Scanner is actually showing the IAT2 temps since Whipple combines the MAP and IAT into a single sensor ... but still 140 seemed high to me especially considering I'm not getting on the throttle at all due to the surging.

I did bleed the IC system, and the fluid level is holding steady. I'm running one bottle of water wetter and then a 70/30 mix of distilled water and coolant (I'm in Texas).

I've attached the Whipple tune file (although its locked so I can't see the details) and also a log file. I'd appreciate any opinions on if this is really a tune issue or if there's something mechanical I should be checking.

44424_23_D_57_A8_WhipG5_R30_2182118564.hpt

Whipple_Log_1.hpl