Thread: 14 Ram BTR Truck Norris and LTH Initial startup help

Tuner in Training

14 Ram BTR Truck Norris and LTH Initial startup help

Intitial Startup 14RT.hpl

Just got the BTR Truck Norris cam installed along with the Pushrods/springs/ whatever lock/limiter it comes with as well as an MDS delete with "hellcat" lifters. I also put some catless longtubes on it at the same time. When cold it started up and idled pretty good but as soon as she got any temp in her it started acting up then quickly died. The attached log is trying a warm start, as you can see its not going well. I just need help geting her to run good enough to limp it over to the local dyno.

Thanks!!

Forgot to mention that I did mess around with some idle setting and some other basic stuff based on some youtube content but it doesnt seem to help much.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nakedbee; 1 Week Ago at 12:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If it helps I will try and capture a log on a cold start so y'all can see exactly what its doing.

Tuner in Training
    Cold start this AM added, not good wouldnt stay running at all but managed to keep it running around 1400rpm with throttle input. I figured I would have driveability issues but not to even run? When I did my timing I made sure the cam was at 12 oclock and crank at ~2. Made sure the double timing marks were set then released the tensioner and double checked. I never turend over the engine by hand to verify but figured I was good. Possible that a pushrod came off? I'm fairly certin they were all seated good but again I didnt turn the engine over by hand after the install.
    Last edited by nakedbee; 1 Week Ago at 03:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Post your stock file and modyfied file

Tuner in Training
    Finally got around to a compression check, these numbers are cold BTW.

1 - 182.5
    2 - 180
    3 - 186
    4 - 179
    5 - 192.5
    6 - 182
    7 - 192.5
    8 - 180

Note sure if this tells me my timing is good or pushrods area in place but its data I suppose.

Tuner in Training
    All you've done is bumped up idle and minimum spark.
    You need to fix your airflow tables. If you're going to tune VE, need to disable NN and get VE tables going.

If you want to get it to idle just to check for leaks and oil pressure, you can disconnect MAP sensor.

Tuner in Training
    One thing thats been constant since I got everything back together has been the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" MIL. Not sure what thats from as it was working perfectly fine before the cam swap.

Tuner
    Try this and see if it sorts out some of your issues...After you load the tune, go into your vcm scanner and reset fuel composition, then reset all adaptives, and then do a throttle relearn and just follow the instructions it gives you. Once you've completed this, try to start it up and lets see how it goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears