Thread: 4.6L 3v ETC, TPS, Torque Management, Torque model, Timing and more

Potential Tuner

Need Help with 4.6L 3v ETC, TPS, Torque Management, Torque model and Timing

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the HP tuning community, (last time i was i wrote a tune was during the Tweecer days ). I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've been playing with the 3v for a little bit now and I'm curious on the TPS/ETC. I've done a couple logs and read through previous post on here and I don't know if I'm on the right track. I'm seeing from the logs that TPS is limited to 76% but driver demand is still 100%. Is this normal? I have a feeling that this is limiting the timing to 17', the vehicle is N/A, should I keep playing with the Torque model and Torque Management section? Here is a quick sample of what I'm talking about.

Accelerator Position D (SAE) 80.4 %
    Throttle Position (SAE) 76.5 %
    Relative Throttle Position (SAE) 63.5 %
    Commanded Throttle Actuator (SAE) 100.0 %
    Timing Advance (SAE) 17.0 °

Attached is the tune file and the data logs from today, any guidance is highly appreciated.

Little back story on the vehicle, it has the noisy bump sticks (comp cam mutha thumpers), VCT limiters, CMPD, steeda cold air intake, mild cylinder head porting, steeda cold air intake, kooks long tube headers, 5r55e to MT-82 conversion, 4.10 rear gears. I dont know why the vin is decoded as a v6, its never been a V6, its been a 4.6 its whole life.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nicolas117; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Start here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...820#post690820

Set up your logs based off of post 22, some of your questions are addressed there. Reading through the whole thread will help, even though his is supercharged it doesn't really matter on these, it's just load based tuning.