Thread: 4l80E segment swap won't start unless pull fuel pump relay

Tuner in Training

4l80E segment swap won't start unless pull fuel pump relay

OK I have a 2002 Tahoe with 4.8 with turbo. I swapped the os to the 2 bar speed density setup for the turbo. It was tuned locally. I have now swapped to a 4l80E. my OS says 12212156 ->1253002. I used a tune file with os 12212156 and did the segment swap for trans and trans diag. Loaded it today and it won't start, seems to flood right away, I disabled the fuel pump and it will start and idle for a while, re-enable the fuel pump and it dies. I re-loaded the tune before the segment swap and it starts and runs normal. Please any help!!!!

Tune files:
    before 4l80
    TahoeMakosCOPYUpdateafrfixRMRWLIMIT.hpt
    after 4l80 seg swap
    TahoeMakosCOPYUpdateafrfixRMRWLIMIT4L80.hpt

Nope, swapping on one with a custom OS works fine as long as the base OS ID is the same. He did something else, I'd bet the segment swap was done to a copy of the stock file and then the COS applied again and all the stuff it fills with defaults never got fixed back.

Oh wow, doing a segment swap DOES change those items to weirdness. I just tested it.

Right click on Engine, and Copy Over Selected Differences. That will import only the VE and PE things. I'm curious to know if that's the only glitch or if there is more under the surface, a reason to stop advising that segment swaps work between COS and stock OS files.

screenshot.13-04-2024 21.52.15.png

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your help, I will have to try and load it tomorrow as my Tahoe is elsewhere, I will let you know, Thanks again, man!!!
    Last edited by apathy93z; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It worked, only problem I have now is that it sets p0102 maf sensor circuit? I deleted the maf as well as the trans related dtc failures for maf in trans diag

Senior Tuner
    Even with the SD OS, if you deleted the MAF you have to set it to SD:

Engine Diag>Airflow>MAF Frequency Fail High to 0Hz.

>DTC's>P0101-P0103 set to MIL on First Error and uncheck the SES enable.

Trans Diag>Max Line Pressure DTC>P0101-P0103 to Disabled.