Thread: Another rando rpm limiter. what am I missing?

Tuner in Training

Another rando rpm limiter. what am I missing?

2000 Camaro.
    btr hot rod cam kit. springs pushrods ect.
    long tubes.
    rest is stock.
    I get a rev limit at 5600 rpm ish that i cant find. I ran into this awhile back on a truck that i kinda wrote off as a valve spring issue but this is the second one and i checked the springs before installing them. Attached is log and tune file. Am i an idiot thats just missing something? I have all the normal rev limit stuff set high enough I would think.
    Is there some software thing going on?
    Anyone else running into this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    another log with fewer channels. some reason the previous log did not show tps properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You see the injector duty cycle?

p.s. Extra special thanks for updating your previous thread with what the fix was.

Senior Tuner
    Ah thanks blindsquirrel. I thought of that previous thread, but didn't think to check if it was the same guy.

So what did you do put in stock injectors?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Ah thanks blindsquirrel. I thought of that previous thread, but didn't think to check if it was the same guy.

So what did you do put in stock injectors?
    Yeah. same guy. I see the injector duty cycle. I'm grasping at straws. I put the stock injectors back in it. The first log shows well over 100% as its under load. the others is non loaded. just free reving it, in neutral. i have a set of new gt500 injectors that were in it once i figure this out. Its not an injector issue that i can tell. even with the 100%+ injdc% it never gt leaner than 12 to 1.

I never posted the fix for the truck that had a similar issue cuz i never fixed it. The overall consensus from here and a few other places was a valve float problem. Dude did not want to pull the springs and check them. trust me if I figured out what was up with it i would have reported. The fact that this is a thing on a different car makes me wonder. maybe I'm gun shy but whatever.
    Do you see anything I'm missing?
    Thanx for taking the time to help me out. i appreciate it.
    Last edited by vr4508; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:12 PM.