Thread: Base Tune Help L29 0411 Swap

Potential Tuner

Base Tune Help L29 0411 Swap

I could use some help setting up my base tune for my 0411 swap on a stock 1998 L29 454 manual 4x4. I used excel and converted the MAF and VE table from the black box to the 0411 pcm. They look to be a good starting point. Now what I could use help with is the injectors settings and spark table.

Now I have the injectors data from the black box. It has some of the data needed but not all of it. What should I use when I don't have the data? Current injectors are 17113221. It also uses a manifold reference fuel pressure regulator. Should I just upgrade to stock ls1 injectors since the values are known? Below is the injector data from the black box.

Injector Data.jpg

Now for the spark table I'm going in blind. I can't use the black box table since it goes by map instead of cylinder airmass. Should I use a L31 (5.7) or L18 (8.1) spark table? Now ideally if I could get a tune file from a L21 (7.4) it would answer a lot of questions, but I have not been able to fine one.

L29_Manual_4x4_Base_Tune_0411.hpt

So here is what I have got so far. MAF and VE tables changed. I also did a segment swap for the 4x4 and manual trans. Still need injector data, a timing table and to shut off some engine codes.

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried to start it at all?

Senior Tuner
    There's a 1998 454 Manual and a 2012 GMPP LSX 454 file on the repository. If you need help transferring that stuff over let me know.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    have you tried to start it at all?
    I have not tried to start it, as it is still running the black box. I'm tryin to get a good base tune as I can not have the truck not running for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    There's a 1998 454 Manual and a 2012 GMPP LSX 454 file on the repository. If you need help transferring that stuff over let me know.
    SiriusC1024 I have the 98 file and did transfer the MAF and the VE table over. Still need to figure out the injectors settings. Plus find a timing table to use. So I could use a little help. I have not looked at the 2012 GMPP LSX 454 file, as I did not think it would translate over being a gen 4 LSX.

Senior Tuner
    You can use the 496/8.1 2001 file as a reference. The spark maps for that engine in 1998 match your 454 very closely.

For the injectors those are stock right? Copy-with-axis the Flow, Offset, and SPA values into yours. Interpolate between to fill in the blanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    For the injectors those are stock right? Copy-with-axis the Flow, Offset, and SPA values into yours. Interpolate between to fill in the blanks.
    Yes they are stock injectors. I added the injector data that translated to the 0411 and interloped the missing spots. So what should I use for the "Default Injector Pulse", "Offset vs. Volts vs. VAC" and "Makeup"?

Screenshot 2024-04-17 021232.jpg

I also added the timing from the 496/8.1. Here is the current tune state.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Default Injector Pulse & Min Injector Pulse = Min PW.
    Offset vs Volts vs VAC = Offset Mult. It'll be the same for every column kPa since the fuel pressure is vacuum-referenced.
    Makeup - leave it alone.