Thread: LS7 with ITB, service traction control when failing MAF

Advanced Tuner

LS7 with ITB, service traction control when failing MAF

Gents,

i have a weird issue with that 07 E38. I am running it in SD mode because of ITB setup but for some unknown reason i can not get it into SD mode with P0101, it stays in MAF mode and shows a constant 3 gr/sec airflow even with signal wire from MAF cut off. It can't see any airflow !

if i set P0102 or P0103 it goes straight to SD mode but service traction system turns on right away. Yes, TCS patch has been applied correctly

have a dozen cars run in SD mode but this is a new one. All done with latest beta
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You did do a WRITE ENTIRE when you applied the TCS patch?

There may be another code pending.

The GTO's are the only ones from memory that need that TCS speed density patch even though its available to all. It must be something else.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

PO102 & P0103 CANNOT be set to No Error Reported. Doing so forces it to NEVER be in speed density.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    PO102 & P0103 CANNOT be set to No Error Reported. Doing so forces it to NEVER be in speed density.
    good catch.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

It's also going to be really difficult to get it to 400 RPM while cranking, these changes will let it fail easier the first time (or after a reflash or clearing codes).

screenshot.12-04-2024 08.39.29.png

Advanced Tuner
    that exactly is the problem, as soon as its set to anything other then no error reported for P0102 or P0103 "service traction system" lights up. Yes of course a write entire was done for TCS patch
    Last edited by ccrp; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:03 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Shouldn't the High RPM Re-enable be set lower to 50-100 under Dynamic Airflow? Or do I have that backwards?

The re-enable never comes into play if it never goes above the disable threshold.

Advanced Tuner
    Makes sense. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    i tried now every single suggestion, entered value in lower cells of MAF tables, made above changes, tried every suggestion, nothing works.

If P0102 or P0103 isnt set to no error reported service traction system comes on right away and it stays out of SD Mode. If its set to any failure mode it jumps into SD mode right away but that pesky traction lamp lights up. No matter what i can not trigger P0101to force it into SD

any other suggestions?

update: i fixed it.
    here is the catch. As long as you use stock E38 OS and use virtual VE table to tune SD it will trigger service traction control, no matter what you try. At least in Corvette C6, if you use with other cars it might not.

as last attempt I converted to 2bar SD OS, edited MAP sensor values and edited VE table row and colums to match my n/a needs (105kPA max instead of 175kPA), all fine. instantly switches into SD mode and no more service traction control messages

so something HPtuner does differently in that OS
    Last edited by ccrp; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:05 AM.

P0102/P0103 are the ones that trigger SD, not P0101.