I bricked my ECM and found a replacement from the exact same car 21 SS 1le manual and was wondering can I do a vin change through hp tuners or is there more involved ?
will it work with out of the box ,I know the e92 a is a vin specific ECM from what I gather .
this is my first ECM swap and just trying to get a little input as to what I'm up against
lost connection during a tune load and it wouldn't recover,well it recovered but my injectors run wide open at idle ,I'm talkin my block fills with a gallon of gas in the oil and gas running out of exhaust in 2 minutes of idle so I did a fuel log and my pulse width is 0.4 Ms average but the LT/ST trims are at 30% ,rail pressure reads where it should we
I've done every test u can imagine on the fuel and ignition system its all good ,the ECM is commanding the proper pulse width and pressure according to data logs but that's not the case they run full tilt
it fouls new plugs in 3 minutes at idleveryone
I'm lucky it didn't hydrolock on me I did a compression test 180lbs all holes
thanks everyone for your input

2021 SS !LE ,BTR cam springs lifters,msd atomic intake ,LT headers,3"x pipe SS catless ext,K&Ncai,catch can,MSD 2 step,Hoosier drag pack+gutted interior ,265 lb weight reduction
primarily a bracket car