Thread: 2019 RAM 1500 - Cannot Write Tune

2019 RAM 1500 - Cannot Write Tune

First time posting here so be gentle. 2019 Ram 1500 - sent ECM to HP Tuners to unlock and installed, installed the smart access cable, downloaded PCM Editor Beta 5.1.2544. Hooked up my MPVI2 turned on the ignition, I select 'write' and 'write calibration'. I get the prompt that it is contacting the hp tuners server, then I either get a Controller Timed Out or Controller Not ready message. I did the license the vehicle and verified that the license shows up on my MPVI2. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    The two moves that are missed most when starting out seem to be one or the other of these two...Did you copy down your serial number and verification ID number and then register your MPVI2 before trying to write tunes? Or... did you complete the "resync interface" before trying to write a tune. This can be done in VCM Editor under the "Help" tab. The serial number and verification ID numbers are also found in VCM Editor under the "Help" tab. Then go to HP Tuners home page and create an account if you haven't already and once you have an account, find and select the "My devices" tab and enter your serial and verification ID there. If you have completed both of these items, try unplugging and re-plugging your MPVI2 from your vehicle/computer and try resyncing the interface a second time. Hope you figure it out. Good Luck!
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

Thank you so much for the reply. This is my first attempt at tuning a Ram, I have done a few GM vehicles. I did resync with the MPVI2 quite a few times in this process before posting on here. Just wondering if there is a special sequence to follow...like do I install the MPVI2 and resync before I turn the ignition on or after? Do I need to wait 30 seconds or so after I turn the ignition on to try and write it?

Advanced Tuner
    Try reposting this in the vcm suite section maybe

Or editor section

Have you read the instructions?

Ok I was able to get it to work this morning. Here is what I did:
    1) Disconnect positive cable from battery, connect a wire from the positive cable to the negative cable to drain the capacitors in the system.
    2) Wait 30 minutes
    3) Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.
    4) Install the Smart Access Cable
    5) Plug in the MPVI2 to the laptop and resync the interface
    6) Turn the ignition on
    7) Wait 15 Seconds
    8) Select write -> write calibration
    9) Once written, switch ignition off, hold for 10 seconds
    10) Turn ignition back on
    11) Celebrate!