Thread: Ford Fiesta ST180 mapping help needed

Potential Tuner

Ford Fiesta ST180 mapping help needed

Hi, i am in the process in building a map for a Fiesta ST180 and would be gratefull for some help with the VCM editor as not so familiar with it yet.
    Upgrades done are 30% bigger injectors good for over 400bhp on stock fuel pump,
    X57R Turbo charger with turbosmart actuator should flow upto 365bhp looking for 1.7bar boost
    Bigger intercooler rated at 450bhp, free flow exhaust and free flow induction.
    Looking to get a reliable 350bhp.
    Now for a start as i am looking at a stock ST180 map from repository, how can i scale down fuel by 30%
    I was thinking Fuel/ open loop/Base/ Fuel Mass Multiplier vs cylinder number i try like 0.7-0.75? or there is another setting?
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Do you have a EU spec or US spec?

Potential Tuner
    This is an EU spec ST180. Currently playing with the map on the dyno trying different settings.
    Only issue at the moment is the throttle is closing after 5K after hitting 275kpa, i am hitting a safety somewhere and ecu is closing throttle

Potential Tuner
    I'm also an EU spec. The throttle closing is more than likely due to the actual boost exceeding the desired boost. You can check this with logging both actual and desired boost.
    Are you tuning based on load or manual duty cycle

Potential Tuner
    Please share you current map, I can assist with the injector scaling. I'm also running 30% bigger injectors with my XDI going in over the weekend.

My current performance mods:
    Forged pistons and conrods
    Head ported and flowed
    Water meth injection
    Increased fuel lobe on exhaust cam
    Full exhaust with decat
    Curved RSport Intercooler
    Big bore boost pipes
    4.5 bar map sensors
    Ported exhaust manifold
    X47R Turbo
    Lightweight water pulley
    Pumaspeed coil packs
    ST200 airbox

Performance mods waiting to be installed:
    X58Evo2
    Pumaspeed Quickspool tubular manifold
    XDI HPFP
    Uprated LPFP
    Forge Recirc Valve

Potential Tuner
    Hi, Thank you for your help, appreciated.
    Now i have been trying different settings on the dyno but not sure why things seem not to be changing. Answering your question on boost control, yes i am on manual control but not seem to be obeying it as it starts at 45% duty and tapers to 30s in the upper rpm range, my numbers are different. I Tried disabling off adaptation and integral but still wastegate solenoid functioned as it was.
    Also i am requesting 275kpa under pressure control but during logging Desired boost is 250kpa and i hit boost cut as always around 270kpa it starts closing the throttle.
    Any idea what is going on?
    Map and log attached

Potential Tuner
    I have dropped you a pm, please forward me your email address