Thread: Help with building a startup file for my LSA 6.0 installation.

Tuner in Training

Help with building a startup file for my LSA 6.0 installation.

have a L76 aluminum 6.0 from a 2008 G8GT 6L80E in my 1966 Chevelle. been running for about 6 years very well.
    Over the winter I did a slight up grade.
    to include the following stuff.

BTR phase 1 PDS torque cam, LS7 lifters, new pushrods and lifter buckets
    Complete valve job (3 new valves) new BTR springs and caps titanium retainers
    New timing chain, tensioner and 3 bolt gear
    New Melling's High pressure oil pump
    16,000 mile ZL1 supercharger with ZL1 lid and brick
    New MRP 850CC injectors (Mistrust racing)
    Vapor Worx PWM fuel pump controller.
    New 525 LPH hellcat PWM fuel pump.

Car has 2.5" true dual exhaust thru Borla Pro XS mufflers with full tailpipes.
    Stock 6L80E 2008 G8GT torque converter.
    1969 Buick GS rearend with 2.73 Posi.
    Wizard Cooling LS swap integrated cooling system with Dual ECM controlled SPAL PWM dual fans.
    AEM wideband in dash

I am debating on paying to get a safe startup tune or if I should build one myself, so I understand everything that gets modded to create this startup file.
    I am comfortable with tuning but I have not done superchargers before, so I am a little hesitant. I have all the injector tables from MRP in excel.
    Is there a guide or tutorial I can reference to be sure I touch all the needed modifications required to get it up and running safely.
    My local tuners are all booked for months out and I am looking at remote online tunes as an alternative to get it rolling.
    Willing to put in the time required to mod and test a startup tune just looking for some guidance so I'm not tripping over my own feet.

I have goatrope and a few others bookmarked and use them for learning when stumped.

Anybody that can give me a shove in the right direction?

Thanks, in advance for any assistance you can lend.

If there was free one stop shopping to learn everything about tuning, all the pay to learn tuning schools out there would be out of business.

So you have three paths:
    1) try to get all the free info you can and hack away at it, and ask questions here
    2) pay an online tuning school to learn, and ask questions here
    3) pay someone here to tune your car remotely

It would be safer to pay an experienced tuner to get the tune sorted out since this is forced induction and then you can start learning by changing small things and build from there, which should go faster since you already have some background in tuning. Either way, considering the cost of a motor vs the cost of paying an experienced tuner should be all the shove you need.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant