Thread: comp cam 2010 silverado need advice

Potential Tuner

comp cam 2010 silverado need advice

Silverado 2010 the guy that tuned it i really dont think he knew much about the e38 i think he had been doing older trucks and we made like 3 hits and 45min he was done im trying myself but dont know that much about it ive got a ballenger wideband 500c lucas tune keep going back to.hpt24-04-07 18-40-42.hpl i just wanted a good tuner to give me some advice the motor 5.3 bored 30 over dod vvt deleted and a comp cam grid#gm g3 xfi 260 hr15 valve lift .513 .520 duration.006 259 265 valve timing .050 open int8.0 exh45.0 close btdc34.0abdc bbdc13.0-atdc lobe separation 115.00
    Last edited by Lucas Garland; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:00 PM.

Fueling needs work. The trims aren't horrible but aren't great either and the WOT fueling is really off. It's commanding 12.5 but your wideband is showing 13.0-13.5.

If the VVT is deleted, the camshaft selection in the airflows variable camshaft tab needs to be set to none.

You can tell that this tuner is a pretty bad and is just in it for the money and doesn't really care, why take on the job if you don't know what you're doing. Has minimal changes for the work done, barely any work to the fueling, added ignition timing, disabled all engine side torque mngt and honestly most of it was not needed. It's really hard to list all the things and harder to say exactly what you need to do to fix it all. A few guys on here may be willing to edit your tune to make the starting point better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Might want to look into rich after flash too. You;re up to 7% lean in power running 26 degrees of timing. I would pull some timing then tune in your fuel. Also your PE adder is set up to add a lot more timing, so don't increase your PE trying to add fuel until you correct things like that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    i just went and put none on the vvt settings thanks

Potential Tuner
    so pull timing then work on pe fueling

Tuning Addict
    Pull timing and work on your VE and MAF
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    can u tell me how to make the rite histagram for vve with the ballenger 500c there isnt any videos on it or the rite math

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Fueling needs work. The trims aren't horrible but aren't great either and the WOT fueling is really off. It's commanding 12.5 but your wideband is showing 13.0-13.5.

If the VVT is deleted, the camshaft selection in the airflows variable camshaft tab needs to be set to none.

You can tell that this tuner is a pretty bad and is just in it for the money and doesn't really care, why take on the job if you don't know what you're doing. Has minimal changes for the work done, barely any work to the fueling, added ignition timing, disabled all engine side torque mngt and honestly most of it was not needed. It's really hard to list all the things and harder to say exactly what you need to do to fix it all. A few guys on here may be willing to edit your tune to make the starting point better.
    Can u look at this tune and see what u think ive been working on it i have a few things turned off cause im still working on it
    Attached Files Attached Files