Thread: 2015 Mustang Tune Review

2015 Mustang Tune Review

I was wondering if some of you guys wouldn't mind looking over my tune and see if you think its safe or not. Thanks in advance
    chris miller eb mustang mod.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see anything that would be a problem.
    A suggestion though: Only modify the Hi LSPI limit table, leave Lo and Nominal completely stock... That way if you ever get knock that causes the octane adjust to shift into those tables, it will limit load the way the engine was originally calibrated for lower octane.
    Also I would lower your compressor outlet pressure to roughly your max target boost, that way the system can hopefully shut things down if you ever get a dangerous boost spike.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. Any other reviews or critiques are welcome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 94heritage View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the response. Any other reviews or critiques are welcome as well.
    Can you share your stock file so I can compare?

I will have to post it later this evening when I get home from work

Advanced Tuner
    FYI, most tune files hold change history, you can usually load the original file by going to Edit menu->View change/history logs->Right click on Base and select open as compare.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for posting your tune file!

What are your cars modifications?

Stock with cat back. 93 octane

Tuner in Training
    Hi Chris, I tried to post the 93 octane tune I have loaded on the ECU of my Ecoboost Mustang with bolt-ons, but haven't been successful yet. I thought it may be helpful or at least interesting (as long as you understand, I am only a tuner in training). I'll try again, using my shop computer.

But I am curious about the settings that you choose to modify. As I understand it, your car is factory stock and still equipped with the OEM downpipe and OEM catalytic converter...? And you have disabled the downstream 02 sensor, plus the cat and exhaust flange temperature safeties, what effects will this have on your emissions system?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 94heritage View Post
    Here is the stock file
    chris miller eb mustang stock.hpt
    Your mod looks OK, how does it feel to drive?

I've done a file for you to look over, should give some extra torque but will need logging. Also turned your exhaust temp protection stuff back on, if you're running a stock cat, you dont want to turn this off else you risk it turning into a brick.chris miller eb mustang mod_2.hpt

I just had the exhaust temp protection turned off to get everything dialed in. Then planned to go back in and turn it all back once fueling was correct