Thread: Need help starting? I cant really find the info explained in a way that I understand.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Need help starting? I cant really find the info explained in a way that I understand.

I have a 2019 camaro automatic with the 2.0T

Can I tune it and then revert it back to factory for inspections?

I just kinda need a list of what I need, i dont wanna spend $500 to then find out that im missing one $3000 device.

I just need a simple step guide like.:

This is what I think I need:
    1) buy mpvi3
    2) download software?(is it free?)
    3)buy this type of token (which type and how many?&#128557
    4)find a tuner or learn how to diy it
    5)hook up pc and tune

These are other questions:
    If i buy one token, when is it that I use it?
    Like when i start tuning it, or when i flash the tune?

Also can I test the tune as I modify it? Or do I have to modify the numbers unplugged from the car, then flash it to test it?

Also is that all I need?

Potential Tuner
    I forgot to ask, can I tune the different modes that come?(like sport and touring)

I want a tune for daily driving with my bolt-ons(touring) and have a drifting with anti-lag(if possible) tune(sport mode)

Potential Tuner
    I think the reason why nobody is responding to your post is because you are asking easy questions that you obviously don't understand. When you ask "can I tune this or that", it becomes obvious that you should probably learn how to tune before using your vehicle as a test subject that you could ruin quickly. There is no 'tune button' on any program that walks you through it. You should look at YouTube videos and realize the tuning process before spending money on something you don't understand... With that said, it's your vehicle, and if you want to risk blowing up your motor or trans, then the onus is on you when that happens. There is NOBODY that will hold your hand and walk you through the tuning process. It's not as easy as it might sound.

With the above said, and to answer your questions, all of it can be done. But you're gonna have to pay for it since you have no idea what you are doing. As far as HPTUNERS goes...You can buy it and use it to deploy tunes from companies that already have tunes, and yes, you can go back to the stock file at any time, but with the right tune, why would you need to? Just because the vehicle make more power doesn't mean it won't pass inspection, but that depends on the State and other things. Again, nobody is going to walk you through it.

With HPTUNERS, you buy the program and interface. After that, if you want to license your file, you pay for credits to license said file with your VIN, and that would be 4 credits to do so on a 2019 Camaro 2.0 at $50 per credit. You should backup your stock file to a separate folder and keep it there. If none of this makes sense, probably look for somebody to tune it for you. There are plenty of companies that can give you a tune file for you to deploy with HPTUNERS. You will have to pay them for that. Otherwise, look at Trifecta for their tune.