Thread: 6l80 Spark Timing

Advanced Tuner

6l80 Spark Timing

What decides how much timing is pulled during a shift? I know it is TqMgnt but I mean what actually decides the amount vs desired engine torque. Is there a predetermined tq value the trans has that it needs to see/calculate before a shift? Im not also not talking about the Max per gear tq limit. I think I have my VTT APC and MAP tables half assed close via chassis dyno using the dynos engine torque algorithm. I know I can take some TqMgnt out to make it "feel" better. Just curious on if there is a more straight forward method.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ns158sl; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:34 PM.

I don't know about the calculated torque stuff, but here is what I did to reduce some of the timing dip during shifts. ---Not saying it is correct, but it makes the shifts a little crisper? I have been running my '13 Silverado several years like this and no problems. Where I have -3.75, the stock is -20 degrees. Some people run 0 in those cells. Under Spark, Minimum spark, Base---if you have an E38 in this year range. I couldn't read what your model is on the screenshot.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    2012 Yukon. Yeah I think that is my next thing. I was in-between that and table 15440 to adjust per tq vs rpm.

Tuning Addict
    Min spark is what most of us use. Just don't go higher than half your wot spark. I normally set it to 5 that way it's not too much and will still allow other torque management routines to work.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen minimum spark set to full ignition timing in some tunes i've opened. Yikes.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    Well I did play with the adder modifier table. So far seems to work pretty well. Kind of hard to infer delivered torque to driver demand on a Gen 4. I finally started over on the pressure and pretty much reduced them to stock plus 5 PSI. Im pretty sure I am getting a bind between shifts. I did do a Fast Learn and overall everything is shifting great. I am going to pull a little more timing out, also.

As far as the bind anyone have insight on this?
    Attached Files Attached Files