Thread: 06 sierra ECM swap

Potential Tuner

06 sierra ECM swap

My 06 sierra has problems with the ecm, I know when a new one gets put in it must be programmed, can I do that with hptuners? If so how? I have a used ecm from an 05 with the same drivetrain, just need to know what to do before putting it in

Senior Tuner
    Read 06 PCM. Write entire 06 file to 05 PCM. You will have to do the 30 minute VATS relearn. You will also have to license the new PCM with 2 credits. With HPT you always have to have a license for the file you are writing and the the file that is in the PCM. Usually they are the same but in your case they are different.You can not run a 06 ETC on a 05 calibration.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Read 06 PCM. Write entire 06 file to 05 PCM. You will have to do the 30 minute VATS relearn. You will also have to license the new PCM with 2 credits. With HPT you always have to have a license for the file you are writing and the the file that is in the PCM. Usually they are the same but in your case they are different.You can not run a 06 ETC on a 05 calibration.
    What if I put an 06 ecm in? I have easy access to these parts. Like very easy to any part for these

Senior Tuner
    There can be multiple different segments in different 06 calibrations. If you want everything to be correct for your particular vehicle you need to flash it with the correct calibration with all the correct segments for your VIN.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:13 PM.