Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kong 2650 with 112mm TB power reduction mode at 3200 rpm

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    The new NW throttle bodies are throated to flow like a stock throttle body until a certain point. The throat and where the blade sits works like a cable throttle body bell crank. This means the throttle body is much more consistent and reliable at low throttle angles. This is a superior design. It's not a lazier way to do things.. its is a OEM way of doing things. And its why his throttle bodies can go on with no fuss.

A straight bore throttle body.. or even a stock one that is ported does not behaive like this. So say at 5% blade opening vs 6% there is a HUGE difference in flow. This causes inconsistent behavior.

As I understand it.. there is a table in the ECM that characterizes blade position with airflow. Looks like a MAF table. The scalar is just a global adjustment to that entire table. Not the low blade positions we would need to edit to make up for a throttle body without a proper throat. The scalar doesn't just trim idle. It makes the whole throttle range more or less sensitive?
    Didn't say it was a lazier way to do it but instead makes the TB itself lazy. Yes im well aware of the effective area table on top of the baro tables that are part of its definition.

Senior Tuner
    Raising the ETC scalar makes it lazy
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    New pedal came in and its installed, I checked the pedal wiring and throttle body wiring and its correct (gm 10379039 per PSI harness rep), replacing a leaking hydra-stop hose then ill perform a relearn and log..

Tuning Addict
    OK, I spent about 30 or 40 mins on the phone with Nick tonight discussing this and other things. Basically he said for all of his gen 4 throttle bodies he has choked them off to flow the same as an LS3's tb up to just under 30% tps. For the LT's he's got them flowing the same as an LT1's tb. Above that it is the bigger tb size. For the 06 to 08 silver blades he said you will probably need to use something in the 3000 to 3500 range for the etc scaler and to not open any more than the 95% as mentioned. I think he was basically tired of people not setting the tunes up correctly and emailing him, so he went this route. He does make tb's for several companies now, so probably best to keep that in mind when dealing with other brands and to correct my earlier statement, he had switched to using an LT's motor in the past, but has since switched to something custom with better windings and even better at handling the constant amperage demand. He said he hasn't seen throttle flop issues in a long time thanks to that He also said if it were to require more than 20% throttle to idle you might want to figure out another way to introduce airflow as it can start flirting with that fine line at going to the large tb area. Anyway, just relaying the info...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    New pedal installed and performed idle relearn. Went for a drive and same thing 3200-3500 rpm power reduction mode bucking then it gets worse as you keep driving. Swapping the 112mm to 102mm TB I have off of my nova (I know this one works) once coupling comes in ill try again.

Tuning Addict
    The blade is most likely hitting something causing it to not open for it to just stick around 30%. I would open and close it with the key on engine off via scanner controls to confirm then start taking things apart to see what's going on. If the inlet to the tb is too small or the blower inlet too small, either will cause it to bind.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    ok ill try that now

Tuner in Training

pedal log file engine off key on

The TPS starts at 28% and stops at 80%, is that normal.?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

NW 102mm pedal log

here is pedal log with the NW 102mm TPS starts at 26.3%.. idk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSAC10 View Post
    New pedal installed and performed idle relearn. Went for a drive and same thing 3200-3500 rpm power reduction mode bucking then it gets worse as you keep driving. Swapping the 112mm to 102mm TB I have off of my nova (I know this one works) once coupling comes in ill try again.
    Are you getting the same code in REP mode? What is the code?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LSAC10 View Post
    The TPS starts at 28% and stops at 80%, is that normal.?
    Voltage and position look good in this log as long as tps 1 and 2 are also changing correctly, which aren't in the log. What code is being set to induce the REP?

~Greg Huggins~