Thread: Tps Voltage

Advanced Tuner

Tps Voltage

Ok so I bought a cheapy DBC amazon throttle body. I used the included sensor and Iac and immediately changed the Iac to the one off of the original throttle body. Everything has been ok except for two issues. Since I have switched to the TBSS intake and this amazon tb, I have a buck at low rpm high load and the tps will lose it's 0% position or voltage intermittently. The buck is kind of self explanatory and I have tried a number of things to fix it. It occurs under 1700 RPM and does not register as misfire even with the misfire tables active. Coils, plugs and wires were first on the list. Timing adjustment make no difference and fueling changes only make the problem less but still present. Currently running a 7% lean open loop configuration drives the best. The idle position deal is very frustrating. I never know when I enter a parking lot whether the idle circuit will be active or will it idle hang. When I check the data. The tps % will read 1.2% instead of zero. Then out of nowhere, with the same voltage reading, it will drop to 0% and the idle circuit operates normally. Blipping the throttle does not seem to help and the spring is very stiff so I am assuming it has to be the included tps sensor. Has anyone run into a similar situation and did you have a fix. Thank you you for your time. The engine in question is a 2002 6.0 with 317 heads. TBSS intake with decapped injectors. Cam is a summit 8720R1. Im thinking of changing injectors just for giggles. These have been fine for two years on a 5.3 and the 6.0 both with the old style intake and tiny stock throttle body.

Senior Tuner
    Buy genuine TPS and IAC off RockAuto. Follow these directions:
    https://www.pcmofnc.com/2021/03/05/i...throttle-body/

Get some Gen IV injectors and then plug in the data.

Tune in CL. That 7% lean wideband reading at low rpm is typically around stoichiometric with the narrowbands.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome! Thank you for the recommendations. I do have an update on this though.

So, I got fed up with the bucking around and decided to go back to the old truck style and factory throttle body. While I was at LKQ Getting a door and bumper, I picked up two fuel rails with injectors. One nnbs and one old style. I also got a Factory DBC throttle body. Change all that back over and plugged in the stock injector data back in and it drives so much better. Limited at wot but just the drivability difference has been worth it. No more Idle problems at all. However I still have the bucking at high load anything under 1700 rpm such as steep incline or passing in overdrive. Im thinking that this is still an ignition issue or there is an internal engine problem. I noticed my coolant was low yesterday and I do not have any leaks. Soooooo maybe I am consuming coolant slow enough not to be noticed in the exhaust? Could that be the issue?