Thread: Injector problem/fuel in oil

Tuner in Training

Injector problem/fuel in oil

Last night I took the truck out (05 f250 285/150 sticks, s372 all supporting mods), drove fine until temps hit 190ish and it shut off and wouldn?t build over 300psi. So of course the drill it has a hpo leak. Started it this morning, ran it up to temp, no problems at all. Shut it off, fired right back up etc. something different now is that with light throttle it has a shudder and drops ICP slightly. From about 1000-1400rpm it shakes around a bit. Idle is fine, more throttle is fine. I figured injector oring, so off i went to pull them. I drained the oil to pull injectors and found that there was about 9 gallons in the pan- mostly diesel. I thought great must be an injector oring. Nope. All orings look fine. I?m sending them back to holders to be tested. I?m thinking a body is cracked? Would I be able to see a crack or would that be internal? I also looked at all the injector cups and they all looked fine, no fuel in coolant or otherwise any other fluids mixing. I?m stumped. If the injectors come back okay what else could it possibly be? When it was doing it?s cold it also has a very rough idle. it would sound like one or 2 injectors were cutting on and off. Could they have been hanging open? The truck did sit for a few years. Can stiction cause this at all?

EDIT i should also note that all numbers seemed within normal range. The truck was being run on a street tune with a Lope idle. Ive heard this can cause issues but figured id try it.
    Last edited by vanderbuilt802; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    what did you torque injectors to?

Tuner in Training
    32 ft/lbs