Thread: 2015 L83 Efi Live to HP Tuners Help

Tuner in Training

2015 L83 Efi Live to HP Tuners Help

Greetings-

New to HP Tuners. My truck is currently tuned with EFi LIve from one the big remote tuners out there. I recently added a ported L86 intake/LT5 throttle and a Flex Fuel sensor. I received an EFi Live tune update for these mods and wrote the new tune to the truck (knowing I would be switching to HP Tuners soon). I was able to read the EFI Live tune file with my MPVi3 and noticed the throttle area limits were not correct for the LT5 TB and the MILs for the Flex Fuel were not turned on. I made those changes to the tune but was curious if anyone would be willing to review it before I wrote it back to the truck. Mainly to confirm nothing was corrupted when I read the tune file. I did do a compare with a stock file and didn't see anything that concerned me other than the Gear/Tire wizard still showed the stock tire size and I'm running a 33.5" tire. Speedo seems to be correct though. Again, I'm brand new to this so any help will be much appreciated. I will eventually be making some changes to the TCM but still have some learning to do before I'm confident enough to do that.

Here is the updated tune file
    2015_Silverado_BB_Mod.hpt

2015 Silverado 5.3 L83/6L80
    4x4 3.42 axle
    Mods:
    Texas Speed catted longtubes
    Ported L86 intake/non-ported LT5 throttle body
    Air Raid intake tube
    Lethal Garage Flex Fuel sensor
    Tire size (315/70/17)
    Last edited by Dadrunr1726; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Just bumping this up. I've been running the tune along with some TCM changes I made for shift scheduling and TCC apply/slip. Seems to run fine but I am concerned with changes that were made to the Driver Demand Map A-Normal table for the mods I have. Wondering if I should take that back to stock and/or add in the 2017+ L83 factory driver demand changes. Here is my current tune, a stock DD table and the "tuned" table for comparison.

2015_Silverado_BB_ECM_TCM_TQ_MODEL ADJUST_SFT_TCC_DD-10.hpt
    DriverDemand_MapA-Normal_Stock.jpg
    DriverDemand_MapA-Normal_Tuned.jpg
    Last edited by Dadrunr1726; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:57 AM.

The 0% pedal row is virtually unchanged, and the 100% pedal row was bumped up to make sure you're requesting enough torque at WOT with your mods. The rest of the rows were also bumped up a bit to provide a more aggressive feel during partial throttle driving. I don't think there's a good reason to revert back to stock - assuming you like the way it drives currently.

If you want to fine-tune this table to your liking, check out this thread:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rottle-mapping

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CYN_CRVR View Post
    The 0% pedal row is virtually unchanged, and the 100% pedal row was bumped up to make sure you're requesting enough torque at WOT with your mods. The rest of the rows were also bumped up a bit to provide a more aggressive feel during partial throttle driving. I don't think there's a good reason to revert back to stock - assuming you like the way it drives currently.

If you want to fine-tune this table to your liking, check out this thread:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rottle-mapping
    Thanks for the reply. It seems to run fine other than a hanging idle when free revving in park or neutral at around 1000-1500 rpm. Bounces around for a 4-5 seconds on decel before settling back to idle. I will look into the thread for adjusting that table. Thanks again!