Thread: knock retard and idle hunt after installing dakota speedometer w/o cable speed sensor

Tuner in Training

knock retard and idle hunt after installing dakota speedometer w/o cable speed sensor

I'm having a few issues with my build. first issue is the knock retard hits around 4,000 - 4,400 rpms. second issue I'm having hunting idle when I start slowing down coming to a complete stop. I have no clue on how to address these issues. Any helpful information on how to address these issues, I would truly appreciate you and your time. Also, if there are any other issues with my tune file, I'm open to any resolve. Here's my mods Texas speed TPS stage 2 cam low lift truck cam 212/218 .550"/.550" 112 with Brian Tooley BTR LS .560" beehive valve springs + seal kit LS6 style with th350 built up with a 4,000 low racing stall converter.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Tune your VE tables. That'll solve a lot of problems. Make sure the injector data is correct first.

And come on man. What's with the over/underspeed spark being -45/45?

Idle proportional and integral are way too tight. 60/15.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a target numbers for the VE table? As far as the over/underspeed spark being as such, I have no clue. I had a tune done and I guess that's the results of trusting the tuner would be legit.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah under 3% if you can, but 5% is ok.

Tuner in Training
    thank you