Thread: 2004 gmc 1500 6.0 with 4L70e

Tuner in Training

2004 gmc 1500 6.0 with 4L70e

would somebody help out an old guy trying to use hp tuners. i would like someone to look at my tune file and log readings. I bought this truck from a young guy who was struggling with getting it sorted out. I currently have the electric fans connected and working. Fans were coming on with the key on. Rewired it to work with the pcm. The truck seems to run fairly good but im new to this type tuning.

Mods: 821 heads with truck intake (
    Cam MS-3
    92 mm throttle body
    6.0 not sure what model ( was told it was rebuilt ??????)
    Trans is suppose to be a 4l70e that was recently built W/FTI 2800 stall

The truck runs good but feels weak until it gets to about 3500 and pulls hard to about 57-5800 and goes flat. feels to me like it runs out of cam??? but if it is a MS-3, I would think it would pull a little further in the rpms. also seems to to slide into 3-4 shift almost like its slipping for a second or 2.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2004 change pressure to 1.5.hplsunday 22424 tune with disable on torque lock up.hpt

I highly suggest you stop going full throttle, you're going to hurt this engine.

The fuel trims are all over the place, mostly very positive, which means very lean. At full throttle the injector duty cycle is well over 120%, this thing is way out of injector and the airflow model is totally off.

The cylinder volume is also wrong for a 6.0, currently the computer thinks it's a 5.3 and that is throwing off all your fueling.

Honestly the tune is so fucked up, I'd just start over from stock and redo the whole thing. Fueling, timing, airflow model, idle settings, they are all so wrong right now.

You need to verify fuel pressure, verify what injectors this thing is running. If they are the stock 25lb/hr injectors, get larger ones before going any further. And get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning, it's a must have thing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I think i may need to get a professional, I am in the process of getting my aem afr gauge hooked up. The gauge was is in the truck but no o2 sensor hooked to it.
    What your explaining at least lets me know me that i was not crazy. I knew the motor was going flat. I did some logging today driving and notice the TPS seems to be jumping around.
    This may causing some of the crazy shifting that it does