Thread: Crazy rich on cold start

Tuner

Crazy rich on cold start

pig rich cold start mar24.hpl cold start
    after rich start.hpl after cold start
    Mar 23.hpt current tune
    COMP HRT stage 2 5.7 GC

I cant figure out what Im missing, On cold starts its crazy rich ( wideband at 10-11:1) then once it hits about 140 degrees it goes good and short term trims are within a few percent. Once its warm everything is pretty good.
    Ive knocked down FA cold table quite a bit and had little effect. The ECT and IAT multiplier and factor tables haven't done much either.
    If anyone ahs any more idea as to where or what I missed I all ears!

thanks

I try to figure out this problem for a long time.
    Long story short....its not the cold start fueling, not the transient, not the fuel trims, not the cam position, I try them all.

At this time I think it has to do with the airflow. Because every time I get into gear at cold start, the fueling is right.
    So I take a look at the TPS volt and total airflow.

This is not finished yet, I will do some tests in the next days and hope it will be fixed when I get closer in airflow of the throttle body model.
    Throttle volt is lower in P/N idling, so I will correct this value.
    If the cam changes, the Airflow will change too.

The cam is in a fixed position at idle, no matter if youre in gear or neutral.
    I will tell you about, if I had success.

Tuner
    I have played with Air flow as well but with little effect... Only thing I have really noticed is the Injector pulse wide is pretty big at start up when cold. (7ms)

No change by Airflow table here.
    Get into D at cold idle and look if the fueling changes.
    The cold fueling in P uses another table, but I’m not sure which.
    Now I’m trying VE tables, because I have already set every other without success.

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. While cold it is super rich. I was thinking it had something to do with cat warm up?

What did you try ?
    Mine is a gpec2 6.4 conversion.
    Dial in injectors, runs perfect.
    I have tried to figure it out by :
    Startup inj pw- no luck
    Cold/warmup - no
    Burn fraction inverse - no
    Closed loop enable delay - no
    Desired airflow - no

In every case the ltft kicks in again after two cold starts.
    I will try VE these days, therefor I will set bank 1 ve higher and left bank 2 stock…we will see.
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:20 AM.

Tuner
    I don't have as many tables to control as the GPEC OS. However as another tid bit of info, the rich condition is noticeably worse when the temp is at or below freezing.....I only have a few tables that have anything to do with IAT and ECT at start up.

You need to start adjusting the VE ECT VE IAT correlation and multiplier tables. Yours has a lot of flat line stuff that really does not corelate. Once it goes to cl with the cold coolant temp it is pulling fuel. The fa stuff in the open loop base tab are a raw adder until the temp and timer counts down in the oxygen sensor cl enable area.