Thread: 06 Sierra/Silverado P59 OS 12619623 Adding flex

06 Sierra/Silverado P59 OS 12619623 Adding flex

I always seem to struggle with OS compatibility when it comes to P59 controllers. In this case I have am trying to add flex to an 06 Sierra that was a factory flex truck (virtual not a wired sensor). I have enabled flex in the tune and enabled codes P0178/P0179. The codes will not set with the sensor disconnected. To the best of my knowledge GM stopped using wired FF sensors in 2005 and I have been unable to find anything with OS 1269623 that I can use to segment swap the flex info into.

I did try flashing an 05 Flex OS 12592618 into the PCM, that did not end well (engine hot message on the cluster and bricked the PCM). I know there are ppl out there that can build out what I need in used defined parameters but I have never understood or learned how to do that. If someone can help me out I would be willing to pay for the education, or just the service.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I attached the tune file, this is still a stock/non segment swapped OS with a 4L60, no need for 4L80 changes on this unit

TCPtuned 06 Sierra 5.3, 4L60, 2800rpm converter, large cam, headers, factory flex.hpt
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Bumping this back up to the top, really hoping for some help.....please!
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

One more run to the top anybody good with adding used defined to this tune for flex or have another work around?

One more time to the top and I am going to start swapping OS's and maybe brick another ECU.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01 MidMet WS6 View Post
    I always seem to struggle with OS compatibility when it comes to P59 controllers. In this case I have am trying to add flex to an 06 Sierra that was a factory flex truck (virtual not a wired sensor). I have enabled flex in the tune and enabled codes P0178/P0179. The codes will not set with the sensor disconnected. To the best of my knowledge GM stopped using wired FF sensors in 2005 and I have been unable to find anything with OS 1269623 that I can use to segment swap the flex info into.

I did try flashing an 05 Flex OS 12592618 into the PCM, that did not end well (engine hot message on the cluster and bricked the PCM). I know there are ppl out there that can build out what I need in used defined parameters but I have never understood or learned how to do that. If someone can help me out I would be willing to pay for the education, or just the service.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I attached the tune file, this is still a stock/non segment swapped OS with a 4L60, no need for 4L80 changes on this unit

TCPtuned 06 Sierra 5.3, 4L60, 2800rpm converter, large cam, headers, factory flex.hpt
    I understand you are trying to add the physical sensor but why? If it already was a FF truck was the virtual flex not working? The problem is the earlier FF P59 trucks that used a sensor, those calibrations are not going to be compatible with the 06 ETC and TAC hardware. I know virtual flex doesn't always work but I've seen plenty that it works fine on.