Thread: Hello

Potential Tuner

Hello

I am new to VCM and tuning. Is there a channel or somewhere to monitor oil pressure?

Senior Tuner
    Completely dependent on vehicle. But it's not uncommon for that to not report back to the ECM.

Potential Tuner
    I am working on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi. I cannot find it anywhere. Maybe it doesn't report back.

Senior Tuner
    There really isn't much that the ECM needs oil pressure for to run unless you have VVT or some version of DOD. And even then it may not use it.

It's probably read by the BCM or Cluster or maybe even just a directly wired gauge.

Potential Tuner
    OK, thanks. i had a DTC for a while that was oil pressure sensor. i cleared it and it stayed off now. I just rebuilt my Hemi and did the MDS delete and Comp Cam and lifters. I also did the Hellcat pushrods and Melling oil pump (High volume, standard pressure 50 PSI spring). this is my first time tuning and i got it to cold start and idle raising the RPM to 1000, and, of course, i disabled the MDS. As soon as i get my driveshaft parts i will be ready to try the next step.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:26 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know the Dodge stuff, but on some vehicles, other modules can request P codes. Or they may set a B/C code.