Thread: F-350 with H&S tuner

Tuner in Training

F-350 with H&S tuner

I have a 2011 F-350 6.7 with an h&s tuner and I was wondering if there is a way to change the file for each mode that the tuner has like stock, tow, road and perfomance mode. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    If you have the H&S MCC file, the unlocked unit, and the Maxx Calibration Control (MCC) software, you can edit the file there. If not, you can install a SOTF switch on the fuel temp sensor and edit the Fuel Temp 2 table under Torque Managment/General Tab to limit torque. H&S used four separate injection Duration Tables for each mode rather than torque limiting. I don't think it's in HPT's ability out of the box to locate those tables without using user defined parameter features.

I took a screenshot of the MCC editor for a 2011. If you use the performance table and torque limit in the fuel temp table, you can achieve the same thing as the H&S minimax, but using the SOTF switch.
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 100542.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I also noticed you have checksum error on the TCM. It's probably the file lock H&S uses for protection. If you return your truck to stock and use the VCM Editor to download the TCM only, you can remove the locked TCM in the "Calibration Details" in the edit menu. It shows "<Double Click to Remove>". Then you "Add controller" to put the stock file with the good checksum. Open the compare window and load the tuned H&S in your first post. Use the Comparison Log in the edit menu to bring all the table values from the tuned H&S file (if there are differences). This is how I corrected the checksum error on my file from another tuner.

Tuner in Training
    I have user defined parameters put I don't know how to use it to show those parameters

What do you need user defined parameters for?

That?s for HPtuners only. I think jetskier is saying use MCC program to adjust for the SOTF.

Tuner in Training
    He said he doesn't think it's in HPT's ability to locate those tables without user defined parameters

I highly doubt you can find them anyways unless you knew the exact addresses.

And I?m sure MCC doesn?t show that. That would be a winols deal where you would have to manually find them and build the XDF.

I can try if I have the BIN file for the H&S SOTF tune.

Tuner in Training
    The main reason I wanted to change settings was because the truck has a 2017 turbo on it and I wanted to try to get rid of some of the turbo lag so can I do that without changing the tables that the h&s tuner uses for the different modes or will it make the H&S tuner mad if I change settings and still try to use the tuner to change modes?
    Last edited by 79 Bronco; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If you're just looking to change the turbo settings, you can probably leave the four injection tables alone and just make changes to the main injection fueling tables, turbo areas and driver demand. When you reflash with the changes, the H&S special memory areas should remain as they were in the initial download. Just because the HPT doesn't show them in the editor, doesn't mean they aren't there. They just don't have them mapped like the WinOLS deal does through the UDP.
    Last edited by jetskier; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks

Tuner in Training
    Well I can't seem to find definition files for MCC so I guess I won't be using that