Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with VE table

Tuner in Training
    Here is the log from today.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Here you go. Just keep working VE and Spark. You'll get there. If you need any help lmk. How's it running?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. It's running much better. Embarrassed at the amount of time I spent on it to not really get anywhere. But I appreciate the help a lot.

Senior Tuner
    It's alright. I've had some practice.

Tuner in Training
    More questions. My VE error is within +/-1% now thanks for that. So now I'm adjusting my spark tables high and low. It was pulling timing out in the higher airmass and rpms so I dropped the lower half of the table down 1* without seeing much of a change so I repeated and it seems like it just continues to pull even more timing in my log. I got down to 5* less than I started with and still seeing it pull timing and more drivability issues. I reverted back to the table how you had it and it got better. Still seeing retard but not as much and drivability is better. Do I need to try advancing some?

This log is with the spark table you had setup and it just got worse as I adjusted it.

Senior Tuner
    It's acceptable to desensitize the knock sensors a reasonable amount. Changes here are based on a 99 vette file. Newer C5's have even less sensitivity.

Tuner in Training
    Would you be able to feel that small amount of timing being pulled out? It almost feels like a misfire. Or is it more likely I have a misfire that's causing it to pull the timing back?

Senior Tuner
    You can definitely tell big KR spikes.

Tuner in Training
    That helped. Thanks. Still have a little knock but you can't feel it now.