Thread: Yet another LS3 "swap won't stay running" thread, bag of parts...need help plz!

Yet another LS3 "swap won't stay running" thread, bag of parts...need help plz!

I pick up and help a lot of DIY'ers and am one myself, small time tuning and just enjoy helping get stuff running!
    Anyhow, I end up with lots of tunes with a conglomerate of parts, as I am sure some of you are familiar with too.
    So here goes, I need a set of eyes to review because it's only started and stayed this one logged time.
    2008 6.2l, 2012 ECU, 2010+ truck TB, ls3 car mani, Vette pedal wire swapped, 42lb knock off injs (fug me), ls3 MAF/MAP, VATS off, 58PSI at rail, FPCM off, all base inj pressures 400kpa.
    Thrown kitchen sink at it but missing something, it will not run. Fires off and dies like VATS but not....has 12v key on and crank.
    What am I missing? Cam plate/sensor miss? It's a 3 bolt cam timing plate with the 4 trigger pads.

Finally started.hpl

LSG2 all changes and TCM.hpt

Log Cam counts and see if it is counting. I have seen a couple of wiring harnesses that have had the two outside wires reversed on the cam sensor plug. Should log 1 to 250 pretty quick and start over. What wiring harness are you using? Why did you have to swap wires on the Vette pedal?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Log Cam counts and see if it is counting. I have seen a couple of wiring harnesses that have had the two outside wires reversed on the cam sensor plug. Should log 1 to 250 pretty quick and start over. What wiring harness are you using? Why did you have to swap wires on the Vette pedal?
    I'll try that cam logging when I go back.

Swapped wires to work with truck TB i believe, seems fine in scanner and throttle responds with no codes.

Current Performance harness.

Could just be total shit injectors too, just found them dumping gas with engine off...awesome! Car owner bought some factory LS3 injectors just now, find out next week if that's part of the issue.

Also got a p2537 on his scanner but not the HP Tuners scanner, weird. He's going to replace ignition switch and see if it clears up.

Yay swaps...NOT!
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-23-2024 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Tuner
    DId you write entire with the vats off? Starter checks disabled?

CAM sensor issues. like if they didn't use the little timing cover jumper harness which switches two wires will cause a VATS like issue... fire up and immediately die.

They rarely give a cam sensor code. It's hard to find if you haven't seen it before.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs