Thread: 2017 coyote Pro m wave MAF

2017 coyote Pro m wave MAF

Has anyone ever tuned a coyote using one of these? I loaded the transfer curve that was sent with the sensor for a 3.5" tube and the car doesnt want to run. Turbo car with Bosch 210 injectors. The Injector data is good it came from a reputable source and the car starts and runs with a rescaled stock MAF. Trying to start with a good known maf curve to dial in the injectors completely.

A 210 data is not a good 210 data...most of a time.

Log frequency and see if this works at all.

Senior Tuner
    Aren't those the goofy CNG injectors that aren't rated for gasoline? Manufacturer specifically warns against it. Even with good data they tune poorly due to the large proportion of non-linear flow. Large proportion because you'll be lucky to crack 40% DC. Tune poorly because Ford data models the non-linearity with...a line. Why do people even bother with these?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Aren't those the goofy CNG injectors that aren't rated for gasoline? Manufacturer specifically warns against it. Even with good data they tune poorly due to the large proportion of non-linear flow. Large proportion because you'll be lucky to crack 40% DC. Tune poorly because Ford data models the non-linearity with...a line. Why do people even bother with these?
    I tuned 5 mustang on these including my own car that is personally and probably 20+ remotely... Runs decent LOL

I tend to disagree..

https://youtu.be/xM5vnwmBCAg?si=QTix-Rla0qu9-Sa7

Senior Tuner
    Oh yes, veee, I admire your work. If anyone is going get a good cal with those injectors it's you. Still, there are far better options out there in terms of accuracy, repeatability, and longevity.

Added some cranking fuel and messed with the open loop lost fuel table and it starts and idles perfect. Veee Its idling somewhere around 450 period and it registers about 1.5lb a min at idle.

Oh yes, veee, I admire your work. If anyone is going get a good cal with those injectors it's you. Still, there are far better options out there in terms of accuracy, repeatability, and longevity.
    Agree, there are better injectors out there.

Quote Originally Posted by onefastt View Post
    Added some cranking fuel and messed with the open loop lost fuel table and it starts and idles perfect. Veee Its idling somewhere around 450 period and it registers about 1.5lb a min at idle.
    Yeah, you should add some lost fuel at start for example with decay table

these are better when your running e85 you can get them close to stotich at idle.... cng or lpg burns way slower at idle hence the wider dc for idle, on 93 personaly i find around .9 works & your right if you want something factory like or go for the 1650cc or 2600cc from ID & yeah they do need to be tickled with as well

Senior Tuner
    DC is increased because E has a lower stoichiometric ratio. Injector stays on longer to supply more fuel. Increased DC is beneficial, again, due to the non-linearity during injector opening.

DC is increased because E has a lower stoichiometric ratio. Injector stays on longer to supply more fuel. Increased DC is beneficial, again, due to the non-linearity during injector opening.
    The plan is to move to E.

Advanced Tuner
    The Bosch 210 injectors are ID2000's.

We've had a set of them in our 03 cobra shop car over 15 years now.

I have a set in my 2002 harley f150 and it idles perfectly at stoich on regular 87 octane pump gas at 596 rpm. I daily drove it for a while around 8 years ago or so and never had any issues with them.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

veee is the Decay table a multiplier to the pulse width or the Lambda value?

Quote Originally Posted by onefastt View Post
    veee is the Decay table a multiplier to the pulse width or the Lambda value?
    Ok The decay table is an adder to the cold fuel base lambda. thank you for the tip Vee. Tried to use the lost fuel table but it wasn't very helpful.

Cold enrich. decay - exactly. Sorry was not 100% clear. This table helps with rough cold start bit its a runtime so you can use it anywhere.

Checked fuel pressure a few times with a subpar gauge. Ordered a brand new Fore regulator and was still showing 0 fuel pressure, but the car would start and run. Fuel tank on the Pump side had plenty of fuel because I added fuel through the fuel fill. When I put the Fore regulator on it still had 0 pressure. I decided to check the saddle side of the tank and it was bone dry. Going to add fuel to the saddle side and retry.

Turns out one of my pumps in my triple pump setup was wired backwards so the pump was turning backwards. Thought I verified my wiring but i was wrong. Fixed the wiring and put the tune back to base and it fired up and revs. Ready to dial it in. Thank you Veee.