Thread: Can height above the ground be shown instead of seal level?

Potential Tuner

Can height above the ground be shown instead of seal level?

Hi all.
    Is there any simple way how to display height above the ground instead of sea level value? I tried to import data file into MS Excel, spread data into the columns and change the altitude value with the formula. So far all good. But I failed with putting data again into original format with no columns.
    Thanks for advice.

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to assume that the ground level is a constant, then you could use a Calculated Field by clicking on your Input File and clicking Config. Then at the bottom, select the Sea Level field in Input Field next to Calculated Field 1; then select Subtract, and enter the difference between Sea Level and Ground Level (probably a value within a few seconds of starting the video). You should be able to then reference this Custom Field as the Field in any Display Object, but this would need to be done for any new video as well.

You could also do the same in MS Excel, but you'd need to save it as a CSV again to add to RaceRender. If you're still having trouble with that, feel free to post the file here (or a Google Drive/Dropbox/etc link to the file), and I can take a look at it for you.

If you want a variable ground level, that would be quite a bit more difficult...but I suppose it would be possible if you could find a good source for the data and be able to cross reference GPS coordinates with that data. That would be very time intensive to do manually though.

Potential Tuner
    Hi HoboBob.
    Thanks very much, that is exactly what I needed to know ;-) From time to time I mount GoPro to my remote controled plane and I like to see meeters above the ground instead of metters above sea level. Since it is not very often, I do not mind filling the correction parameter.
    Have a nice day.