Thread: 2012 Chrysler 300 5.7 5 speed not shifting above second gear

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 2012 Chrysler 300 5.7 5 speed not shifting above second gear

Hi me and my cousin are tuning his car to learn about tuning so we are relatively new to this and have been learning from youtube and reading hptuners forums as there isnt a lot for dodge tuning publicly available. ive got the car moving a little quicker but for some reason it seems to not shift out past second gear when he is in auto mode, in autostick mode he can shift to whatever speed. i am wondering if pushing to car to 135 maybe put him in limp mode or something and how can we reverse that. it threw a code p0219 which i believe means the engine was overrevved and we cleared the code, but still having issues so maybe i have to do something else to make it work again. or maybe my tune is causing the shift issues, any help would be greatly appreciated. here is the stock tune and the one ive created for it.

tune #7 2012 chrysler 300 stock tune stock complete aggressive re-gearing 5800 rpm shifts higher.hpt
    2012 chrysler 300 stock tune.hpt

Tuning isn’t easy, like watching a video.
    The pcm - especially Dodge - has lots of pitfalls.
    Every thing leads to another.
    You want later upshifts ?
    First raise the rev limiter of the engine.
    It has to be higher than the shift point.
    The shift point you set means the beginning, not the complete shift - if the limiter is reached, the shift can’t completed.

To be in the right range act like this :

Raise every cut off or maximum the same value , maybe 500 rpm more. Dont zero the rpm limit torque reduction out - dont make sense, so leave it like it is.

leave the WOT setpoint override like it is, it means not what you think, Im sure.

Set the normal shifts pedal percent under 100 % lower than the 100% value.

Set the WOT enable pedal percent to stock - do this at last, if all is functionally.

Only 1 thing at a time...
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 03-19-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Tuner
    Very well said @f.creek-ranch

@moesmopar,
    Like in the other thread you created: Not only a tune, but also share/post a log... otherwise it will be an "educated guess".