Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2002 Chevy Camaro Z28 Tuning Help

Senior Tuner
    I'll elaborate.

DynAir is the final reported airflow value. It's called Dynamic because the airflow calculation is dynamically scaled between MAF and VE. The more change in TPS the more bias to VE.

At the cursor there is a dip in rpm, and DynAir is much higher than MAF. What happened there is the bias increased toward VE. VE is reporting a great deal more airflow than MAF, so that's why DynAir increases. The high DynAir is commanding more fuel. The result is that the O2's show rich because of the extra fuel. Extra fuel is making the engine stumble.

What to do is set Engine Diag>Airflow>MAF Fail Frequency High to 0Hz. >DTC>P0101-P0103 to MIL on First Error. This forces full time SD so that VE can be tuned. You will also want to go to Engine>Fuel>DFCO>Enable ECT to 248F so that VE can be mapped during decel. >Fuel>Power Enrich>Min MAP 85kPa to keep CL online for the majority of the VE table.

Attached is how to set it up. I've included other optimizations like O2 voltage switchpoints set to 451mV during tuning (restore afterward), Injection Timing for the cam, Over/Underspeed spark, and a few others.

Run a compare to see. Compare>Open Compare File then Compare>View Comparison Log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:04 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    2002-04 Z06 makes 405 HP with the same injectors. My own 99 F-body made 400RWHP with those 02 injectors and ran high 11s with a 224/228 cam shifting at 6500 rpm. They are rated at 28.7 and a little higher in the Vettes. While they are at their limit there they will work.
    Just to back this up.

I made 497 rwhp with my personal Z06. NA with these injectors.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    I'll elaborate.

DynAir is the final reported airflow value. It's called Dynamic because the airflow calculation is dynamically scaled between MAF and VE. The more change in TPS the more bias to VE.

At the cursor there is a dip in rpm, and DynAir is much higher than MAF. What happened there is the bias increased toward VE. VE is reporting a great deal more airflow than MAF, so that's why DynAir increases. The high DynAir is commanding more fuel. The result is that the O2's show rich because of the extra fuel. Extra fuel is making the engine stumble.

What to do is set Engine Diag>Airflow>MAF Fail Frequency High to 0Hz. >DTC>P0101-P0103 to MIL on First Error. This forces full time SD so that VE can be tuned. You will also want to go to Engine>Fuel>DFCO>Enable ECT to 248F so that VE can be mapped during decel. >Fuel>Power Enrich>Min MAP 85kPa to keep CL online for the majority of the VE table.

Attached is how to set it up. I've included other optimizations like O2 voltage switchpoints set to 451mV during tuning (restore afterward), Injection Timing for the cam, Over/Underspeed spark, and a few others.

Run a compare to see. Compare>Open Compare File then Compare>View Comparison Log.
    Thank you very much, You've been incredibly helpful, hopefully I can get this thing all figured out.

Tuner in Training
    I am currently try to tune my VE table, when the car is idling in P/N it seems to be doing fine but when I put the car in to gear and tries to die so I bumped up the idle and it seems to be a bit better but still is happening it seems to also not be as bad when up to operating temp.

ReStartUp VE Tune7 32924_SD.hpt
    stops while in gear.hpl
    wanting to die.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Looks like you had a decent idea of what to do with the VE table. Don't be afraid to set it where you think it needs to be.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Looks like you had a decent idea of what to do with the VE table. Don't be afraid to set it where you think it needs to be.
    Thank you I'm trying to learn as much as possible! Do you think my VE table is why it tries to die when i put it in gear?

Senior Tuner
    It's not helping. Once fuel trims are closer start adjusting other things as needed.