Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to Understand the O2 Settings

Senior Tuner
    i think BRAF is more linked to TB area then g/s, i had to scale airflow in my tune because of injectors and the g/s for idle was bout half what it should be yet i had to increase the BRAF to the values it would be if not scaled, in either situation scaled or not my idle TB percentage stays the same so i know it must be correct and the adaptive were hovering around idle like normal, so i say dont worry about the table values just set it to suit the engine as u will know if its too high/low just looking at what the adaptives

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    I tried big mikes method but i must have missed a step (a couple of times) and could not make things work for me. I actually had someone help with the tune and with as much experience they have, they said the same thing i was thinking. My engine just seems to want lower BRAF than other engines. Idk why, they dk why but when i first saw what was happening, i noticed that it correlated with my under/over spark tables. I'd tweak BRAF based on what gear vs rpm the timing pull happened. Might be helpful to log "Current Gear" or whatever its called so that you can review it in the log. Where my car is a swap vehicle, my ecm doesnt know what gear im in, so it's a drive and mentally note type thing lol.
    I had a tough time keeping the engine running with big mikes guide, however once I got the BRAF closer I could see the Target RPM error getting closer and just kept playing with it until I had min RPM error and now the car works flawlessly with regards to startup and idle recovery.

Stupid question. My car is a manual 6 speed. I wasn't able to successfully log current gear. I just assumed that you cant with a manual?

Maybe I'm dead wrong here?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Vos View Post
    I had a tough time keeping the engine running with big mikes guide, however once I got the BRAF closer I could see the Target RPM error getting closer and just kept playing with it until I had min RPM error and now the car works flawlessly with regards to startup and idle recovery.

Stupid question. My car is a manual 6 speed. I wasn't able to successfully log current gear. I just assumed that you cant with a manual?

Maybe I'm dead wrong here?
    Sorry. It's listed in my scanner as "Trans Current Gear."