Thread: Sonic 1.8L LTFT "normal" range

Potential Tuner

Sonic 1.8L LTFT "normal" range

i'm new to this "tuning " stuff, especially this torque based stuff. just got this MVPI3 with the hopes of smoothing out some of the drivability issues with this Sonic and eventually tuning the LQ4 and 4L80 in my truck. been watching a lot of the youtubes trying to pick up as much info as i can before being that guy on the forums that askes the stupid questions....

so far i have logged a few trips with VCM scanner and the the numbers im logging in the long term fuel trim are not anywhere in the range that i expected from the videos i have watched or from the forum posts that i have read. from what i have gathered the range should be no more than +20 to -20. and ideally should be as close to zero as possible. can anyone explain these numbers to me?

i've attached a log file from my 15 minute drive to work with the stock tune.

i am getting the p0017 code, i need to fix the exhaust cam positioner. damn thing keeps slipping after i get it set. total crap design if you ask me. relying on the clamping force of an 8mm bolt to hold a pully on a shaft with no keys or pins.

she has been running rich for a while, i assume its related to the cam phase code? mileage has dropped from low 30's to 25 average since the p0017 popped up. i know i need to fix the cam issue but my only other road worthy vehicle is on the lift with the axles out of it and i just cant risk tearing apart my daily driver right now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do not log the Bank 2 PIDs, an inline 4 only has one bank.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty bill View Post
    i am getting the p0017 code, i need to fix the exhaust cam positioner. damn thing keeps slipping after i get it set. total crap design if you ask me. relying on the clamping force of an 8mm bolt to hold a pully on a shaft with no keys or pins.
    Little bit of this outta do. Clean the metal, add a couple drops, and then assemble.
    https://next.henkel-adhesives.com/us...000153472.html

Potential Tuner
    i was wondering if that was throwing it off. but wasnt sure because the pid its logging is the generic sensor "long term fuel trim [sensor]" not the specific long term fuel trim - bank 1 sensor.

do i need to change the sensor its logging or delete bank 2 from the channel list?